First senior session/ 2 images

dancinkatedancinkate Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
edited April 19, 2006 in People

Comments

• thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2006
    I like the shots but I think you could process them a little more.
    I am a sucker for the color on black and white but in this instant I think I would have liked in more if you left the image black and white and played with the levels or brightness contrast to give the image a bit more pop.
    Can you post the orginals? I'd like to see what they look like in color. All I can hear in my head is my Uncle asking why people are so into black and white when color was just made in his generation and was such a big thing. While black and white are nice classic shots and bring a sophiscation I believe that the color will offer a bright, cheer mood that would fit the emotion in the picture better.
    But in the end it is up to your costumer. Even the most experience photographer, which I'm not, cannot argue with that individual.
    Ashley
    Green is the way to be!
    ashleyharding.smugmug.com
  • jmallenjmallen Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited April 16, 2006
    Nice pics, I'm sure she'll be far more pleased with these than with the others! I would have to agree with the comment above about colorizing the eyes. I don't think the green sticks out enough. They both look great though! Congrats!
    "If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid..." -Epictetus :thumb
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2006
    Very nice. I really like that first one. I don't like the green eyes, and I really think you need to set a black point. But it really jumped out at me. Imagine taking pictures of her that she wouldn't like. She's beautiful. Nice job!
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • dancinkatedancinkate Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2006
    I'd like to see what they look like in color.
    This is the same shot in color....
    64736822-L.jpg
    THANKS FOR THE COMMENTS EVERYONE! thumb.gif
  • thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2006
    The eyes are interesting. They are such a pale green, I've never really seen that before. I think the color shot is very nice.
    Did you do any work with this one or is it the original?
    Really good job.
    Ashley
    Green is the way to be!
    ashleyharding.smugmug.com
    edited April 18, 2006
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2006
    Kate, I agree with you on toning down the red skin tones and softening the shadows. I vote for the color, though! I love her hair and eyes! They all are good, though. Like everyone has mentioned, more pop in the black and white and I would try it without the green eyes. I bet her eyes look awesome in black and white as well!!! Good job! Let us see the finished product, ok? thumb.gif
    edited April 18, 2006
  • GiselleGiselle Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2006
    Just lightening the dark side made it flat and washed out looking. I like the last bw of the 4, but I know seniors like selective color, try the last one with the eyes green. Good angle...
    Giselle
  • ultravoxultravox Registered Users Posts: 776 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2006
    Cool. love #1 but the green...ne_nau.gif
    Cristian.
    [SIZE=-1]It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. - John Lennon.[/SIZE]
    edited April 19, 2006
    Thanks all! Appreciate the comments! thumb.gif
  • JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2006
    The last one of the four, higher contract, no selective color is my favorite.

65148577-M.jpg

As for the other pose, I don't love where her eyes are looking. I think I would like her looking in the lens better. Your lighting looks really great on both shots!
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos