Poteet Rodeo

jmallenjmallen Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
edited April 16, 2006 in Sports
Hey Y'all! I'm not from Texas, but they're sayings do grow on you. The fam and I were out at the Poteet Strawberry festival (about 20 min south of San Antonio) a couple weeks ago and I was able to capture a few shots of the Rodeo. I don't know how to attach the exif info (shutter speed, aperature, ISO, etc) but most of them were shot with the kit lens on my Canon 350D (18-55mm) at F5.6, ISO ranging from 100 to 400 (I think) and shutter speeds ranging from 1/125 to 1/500 for the brighter ones.

I was a quite a ways from the action on the bull-rider shots and as such I had to crop these down and blow them up in order to get the action I wanted to highlight, but when I did I found that they didn't have near the detail I expected. What's the deal? Is it my lens (I've heard that the kit lens on the 350D isn't really that great) or was it my technique? Any ideas on how to optimize my use of this lens in the future and/or C/C on the photos is welcome.
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid..." -Epictetus :thumb

Comments

• jmallenjmallen Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited April 16, 2006
    Here's another, apparently the others I wanted to post are too big.
    "If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid..." -Epictetus :thumb
  • jmallenjmallen Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited April 16, 2006
    P.S. what's up with the white border on these?