I'm late again ;) Feedback on two images pls "Crunch"

mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
edited April 18, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
Well, like usual, inspiration hits me only a few hours before every challenge. This time it hit me when I woke up and ate breakfast this morning. Here are two variations, in full and close up. I hope you like Cap'n Crunch ;)

Crunch1.jpg

Crunch2.jpg

c&c, 1 or 2, yadda yadda, thanx thnx

Comments

• RedhedRedhed Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited April 16, 2006
    I like #1...great idea for the challenge!
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2006
    I agree, #1, but I have to say, in my experience, Cap'n Crunch is impervious to liquid. It tears up my mouth trying to eat that stuff. But I like it. I also have a question: regular Cap'n Crunch--what flavor is it?
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2006
    Thanks for the quick replies. I was actually leaning towards the close up mwink.gif. But seeing that you guys and gals like the first one, I might have to pull a change up.

And I agree, it chews up my mouth when I eat this stuff. But its soo damn good man.. haha. Just dont eat anything spicy or salty afterwards.

About the flavor, I really dont know. When I buy them I depict the differences by the color of the boxes: Red (regular), Yellow (with berries) and the rare Blue (berries only, my fav when it was still around).

I think its 'Red' color flavor rolleyes1.gif

Also, did you guys notice the face on the red berry? haha, I chewed on that sucker to make him smile!
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2006
    I think regular Cap'n Crunch is kinda buttery in flavor. Have to get Andy over here to "weigh" in.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • StormdancingStormdancing Registered Users Posts: 917 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2006
    #1 with a little milk.
    #2 looks like Moon Rocks.:D
    Dana
    ** Feel free to edit my photos if you see room for improvement.**
    Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if
    no birds sang there except those that sang best.
    ~Henry Van Dyke
  • queequegqueequeg Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited April 17, 2006
    Hmm, myself, I lean towards number two. It shows better porosity (is that even a word? eh, it's late). Number one just looks too neat and organized to be cereal.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,954 moderator
    edited April 17, 2006
    queequeg wrote:
    Hmm, myself, I lean towards number two. It shows better porosity (is that even a word? eh, it's late). Number one just looks too neat and organized to be cereal.
    15524779-Ti.gif I am a sucker for abstracts, though. It would be stronger if you could eliminate the small amount of orange on the left side.

Good luck,
  • sayntbrigidsayntbrigid Registered Users Posts: 381 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2006
    I like number 2 mr peas, cuz it doesnt have the white ...mebbe if the bowl was a color I would pick that one, but its just a matter of taste :D
    True happiness is wanting what you have
    http://avatars.imvu.com/sayntbrigidii
  • MarkSBMarkSB Registered Users Posts: 96 Big grins
    edited April 17, 2006
    Go with #1: better framing, not so rough, and great black and white contrast.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2006
    DavidTO wrote:
    I think regular Cap'n Crunch is kinda buttery in flavor. Have to get Andy over here to "weigh" in.

Cap'n Crunch, is a singular taste bud sensation - there is not anything to compare it to.
  • turnipturnip Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited April 17, 2006
    MarkSB wrote:
    Go with #1: better framing, not so rough, and great black and white contrast.

same here. also #1 - i can see the effort you put into it. #2 looks like more of a random shot. although #1 is my favorite, both are very good.

cheers
  • mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2006
    oh geez i just woke up fogot i still have to pump this through the thread. yhnx a lot for your inputs. im going to go for the close up photo, it just shows the pores more. the other one looks simply like a simple bowl of cereal, which i will be recreating in just a few moments rolleyes1.gif. but..mr red berry monster, hes priceless. :):
  • markosmarkos Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited April 18, 2006
    I'm glad you made in, you made the right decision for the close up shot.