D50 lcd flicker/buzzing problem?

peestandinguppeestandingup Registered Users Posts: 489 Major grins
edited April 18, 2006 in Cameras
Just got my first Nikon DSLR, the D50 which I bought factory refurbished. I just noticed that when I'm reviewing photos on the lcd screen, the menu letters have a sort of flicker to them. The photo itself that I'm viewing doesnt do it, its just the words in the menu system (file name, folder name, image quality setting in the lower right, etc). Its not really a flicker as in like an on & off thing, but more like the letters have a slight "buzzing" to them. Turning down the lcd brightness helps, but its still there. The rest of the menu system does it a little too.

Is this just how the lcd screens are on these? Or should I send it back?? Thanks.

Comments

• MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2006
    Not really sure what you are describing. Why not go to a local camera shop and look at one of their D50 bodies. If it doesn't "buzz" then send yours back.
  • swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2006
    Mitchell wrote:
    Not really sure what you are describing. Why not go to a local camera shop and look at one of their D50 bodies. If it doesn't "buzz" then send yours back.
    15524779-Ti.gif
  • peestandinguppeestandingup Registered Users Posts: 489 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2006
    Hmm, I went to the shops today, where they had a D50 on display. It had the same "issue" as mine. So, guess its normal. Its not a big deal at all & I barely notice it. I just wanted to make sure mine wasnt defective.

A good way to see what im talking about is, remove the SD card before turning it on. Go through the settings & turn the lcd brightness all the way up. Then, exit that & hit the play button. A white box should come up & say "No SD card", or something like that. Look closely at the edges of that white box & there should be a little jitterness to it.

Nothing major though. thumb.gif
  • SuperJaredSuperJared Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2006
    I have a D50 (since about a week ago), have shot about 600 photos and have not had such a problem. Though, if the image quality is fine and it doesn't bother you than no big deal, right?