Options

Where do I go from here

Richard CabesaRichard Cabesa Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
edited January 30, 2004 in Technique
Here is a shot of the city that I want to work on getting right. I shot it at several different settings but ran out of time for more and this was the best I got this time. Shot with Canon A80, 4mp. F8, 2sec, 400 iso. The only thing I did in photo shop was I think about 125 unsharp mask.(not on home computer to check that). When I get home later I will post one of the individual originals for comparison. I know that elss time and or lower iso would get rid of some of te noise. What else? Any and all suggestions welcome. Next week the full moon will be rising over the pier.
Thanks, David
2199232-O.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2004
    I would try and use a wider aperture like f/4. F/8 will give you some diffraction blurring (your images will be sharper using a wider aperture). And having two stops more light to work with, you can use ISO 100 and get better noise response.
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • Options
    Richard CabesaRichard Cabesa Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2004
    Thanks Shay, the f8 wasn't my choice it was the camera's while on shutter priority and I figured the 400 iso was also part of the problem. I'll try again

David