Old and Alone

4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
edited April 18, 2006 in People
I was meaning to get some Ir landscapes from the grounds of my father-in-laws nursing home but ended up with these.

64719286-M.jpg

64719307-M.jpg

Comments

• StormdancingStormdancing Registered Users Posts: 917 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2006
    To me these images invoke several emotions. Loneliness, sadness, fear to mention a few.
    Loneliness needs no explanation
    Sadness - there are so many lonely forgotten people in nursing homes.
    Fear - that I may end up sad and lonely in a nursing home.
    Dana
    ** Feel free to edit my photos if you see room for improvement.**
    Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if
    no birds sang there except those that sang best.
    ~Henry Van Dyke
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2006
    The IR has proven a good tool (I would never have thought of using) for journalism. Very powerful images. thumb.gif
  • 4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2006
    Thank you Dana and Saurora, I apreciate you taking the time and I am glad you felt something...
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2006
    sad yes inevitable maybe, but maybe more telling (I hope to be wrong).
    You OK Buddy ??
  • ultravoxultravox Registered Users Posts: 776 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2006
    We complain about traffic jams and crowded places but still there are people left alone.:cry
    What is wrong with us people?ne_nau.gif
    Great use of IR.
    Cristian.
    [SIZE=-1]It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. - John Lennon.[/SIZE]
  • elfving73elfving73 Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2006
    Well, you ended up with a couple of great shots! :): I like them both, but #2 is my favorite. It really grabs me... no happy feelings though! No, sadness and guilt - I wish I had payed my grandma a few more visits during her last years......
    I can hear this woman thinking "I'll sit by the window, so I can see when my children comes to visit....." (Like she's done every day for years)

I think #1 would be much stronger without the pink hat. To me, in this pic, even the smallest spot of color gives a positiv feel..... but, on the other hand, looking more carefully, she doesn't seem sad. Infact, she look very pleased to have the bench for herself, so she can rest her feets on it. :D

Great captures / Matty
    edited April 18, 2006
    bfjr wrote:
    sad yes inevitable maybe, but maybe more telling (I hope to be wrong).
    You OK Buddy ??

Hey Ben. How ya feeling? I am fine, bummed about not making the trip but doing fine thnxs.
    edited April 18, 2006
    ultravox wrote:
    We complain about traffic jams and crowded places but still there are people left alone.:cry
    What is wrong with us people?ne_nau.gif
    Great use of IR.

Thnxs Christian. The people in this particular home recieve the best care. I am always surprised tho by the lack of family visitors when I am there.
    edited April 18, 2006
    elfving73 wrote:
    Well, you ended up with a couple of great shots! :): I like them both, but #2 is my favorite. It really grabs me... no happy feelings though! No, sadness and guilt - I wish I had payed my grandma a few more visits during her last years......
    I can hear this woman thinking "I'll sit by the window, so I can see when my children comes to visit....." (Like she's done every day for years)

I think #1 would be much stronger without the pink hat. To me, in this pic, even the smallest spot of color gives a positiv feel..... but, on the other hand, looking more carefully, she doesn't seem sad. Infact, she look very pleased to have the bench for herself, so she can rest her feets on it. :D

Great captures / Matty

Thank you Matty, I really apreciate your comments as I love your work and respect your opinion. I left teh pink just to add a tad of optimism to a depressing photo if that makes sense?