Passwords on catagories?

ciscoguy24ciscoguy24 Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
edited April 17, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Hey guys I have a question... I have my page setup to view catagories instead of "galleries". My question is can I set passwords on catagories? (I don't think I can) My issue is I have 5+ galleries in a catagory and I need all 5 galleries password protected and instead of having each one with a password I wanted the catagory password protected so users will only need to enter it once. (There family pictures) Any help would help!

adam

www.lifethroughpictures.org

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2006
    ciscoguy24 wrote:
    Hey guys I have a question... I have my page setup to view catagories instead of "galleries". My question is can I set passwords on catagories? (I don't think I can) My issue is I have 5+ galleries in a catagory and I need all 5 galleries password protected and instead of having each one with a password I wanted the catagory password protected so users will only need to enter it once. (There family pictures) Any help would help!

adam

www.lifethroughpictures.org

No, can't be done. But if you give each gallery the same password, it will be in the visitor's cookie once they go into the first, the others will allow access.

I hope this helps,
  • ciscoguy24ciscoguy24 Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
    edited April 17, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    No, can't be done. But if you give each gallery the same password, it will be in the visitor's cookie once they go into the first, the others will allow access.

I hope this helps,

ahhh ok and how long does the cookie stay good for? I think I read somewhere a week ?