Options

Challenge 24: Ish's Landscapes

ishish Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
edited October 26, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
I only have a few to begine with from apple picking last weekend. :) I hope to find some more shots in the city~

10092326-M.jpg

9961703-M.jpg

*Can't wait to have some of the apple pie I picked up for dessert*

Comments

• Options
    tmlphototmlphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,444 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2004
    ish wrote:
    I only have a few to begine with from apple picking last weekend. :) I hope to find some more shots in the city~

10092326-M.jpg

9961703-M.jpg

*Can't wait to have some of the apple pie I picked up for dessert*
    The first has some interesting colors and textures. I'm not sure if I like the composition or not. Do you have any other versions? I like the simple, clean look it has.

I think the second image could lose a little of the foreground in front of the apples, but is fine like it is. Could be a cover shot for "Apple Almanac". (not a real magazine, but I liked the name:D .
    Thomas :D

TML Photography
    tmlphoto.com
  • Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2004
    I like the second one, it's cool the way the arrangement of the apples leads your eye down the path. thumb.gif
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2004
    I think the second one might benefit from Rutt's lab curve treatment to punch up the colour of the grass
  • Options
    happysnapperhappysnapper Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2004
    I really like both these shots, I too like the way the apples lead your eye up the garden path, however I do like the first photo better (just my opinion). I fiond the photo intriging, I like how both the apple and the leaf are only partially visable, and I like how the murky water frames the subject.
    :roflhappily snapping
  • Options
    cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2004
    I really like both these shots, I too like the way the apples lead your eye up the garden path, however I do like the first photo better (just my opinion). I fiond the photo intriging, I like how both the apple and the leaf are only partially visable, and I like how the murky water frames the subject.
    I think I agree but you ought to get a specific statement from Andy that it is on topic. His thoughts on that have not always paralleled that of the group and he is the filter.
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph
  • Options
    aero-nutaero-nut Registered Users Posts: 693 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2004
    I like the color contrast. I think the second photo has more "umph" to it. Maybe a stronger depth of field effect might help?
  • Options
    edited October 20, 2004
    Thanks for the comments everyone. I agree about the first photo maybe not pertaining to the theme. The second one is not bad, but I am not excited enough about it to submit it I think.

Hopefully I can find some cityscapes this week since I live in downtown Chicago.
  • Options
    miketaylor01miketaylor01 Registered Users Posts: 318 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2004
    Of these two images I like the second one alot. The first one doesnt really say anything to me but the second onr kinda jumped out at me. I like the composition and the unique perspective you attained with this shot. Great work and I hope you find some more good shots like this when you head to the city.
    Mike

Sigma SD9, SD14, and DP1
    http://miketaylor.giph.com
  • Options
    GissurGissur Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited October 21, 2004
    tmlphoto wrote:
    The first has some interesting colors and textures. I'm not sure if I like the composition or not. Do you have any other versions? I like the simple, clean look it has.

I think the second image could lose a little of the foreground in front of the apples, but is fine like it is. Could be a cover shot for "Apple Almanac". (not a real magazine, but I liked the name:D .
    I don't know if I like the Decomposition or not!
  • Options
    edited October 22, 2004
    Now I am not too sure about this idea of "cityscapes" and what exactly qualifies. The articles that Andy posted seemed to include a whole slew of things... Either way, which of these do you feel captures "cityscape" the best?:

10195034-M.jpg

10196015-M.jpg
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2004
    I think the first one, but I think it would be even better if there were some car lights moving through ne_nau.gif

The last one is really cool too, its almost 2 photographs in 1, the purples in the bridge structure are excellent, shame about the blown area.
  • Options
    edited October 24, 2004
    Still looking.... :)

10282307-M.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 25, 2004
    Some fall colors, but are they landscapes? THe problem here is that this is an urban park with a lot of clutter filling in the broader scenes, so I had to try and be pretty narrow in where I pointed my camera if I wanted a "clean" view without gas stations and ugly buildings...

:)

10331621-M.jpg

10331635-M.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 26, 2004
    And then in B&W:

10393577-M.jpg

10393578-M.jpg