Options

Need a tutorial on recovering lost photos?

kitkatkitkat Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited April 19, 2006 in Digital Darkroom
Hi,

I'm planning on writing a tutorial about recovering deleted or formatted photos (using RecoverPlus Pro in particular).

Does the community have any interest in such an article?

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,931 moderator
    edited April 18, 2006
    kitkat wrote:
    Hi,

I'm planning on writing a tutorial about recovering deleted or formatted photos (using RecoverPlus Pro in particular).

Great idea, Kitkat.thumb.gif I sure could have used one a couple of days ago, when I stupidly erased a card with 120 pics on it that I had neglected to upload first. :uhoh I did manage to recover them using a free, open-source program I found on the net called PhotoRec. It is not geared to the technically challenged, I'm afraid, but I used to be a techie in a former life and managed to get it to work. The pics weren't worth a damn, but at least I know how to do it now. :D

Regards,
  • Options
    ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2006
    On a related note, I've had good success with FreeUndelete recovering files from XP systems. It may or may not work with memory cards (fortunate enough not to have needed that!).
    Chris
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2006
    Sounds like a good idea...gooo for it.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    kitkatkitkat Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited April 19, 2006
    10x for the input!
    I'll be posting the tutorial soon (maybe on monday).
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2006
    kitkat wrote:
    Hi,

It would be very well recieved ...thumb.gif
  • Options
    cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2006
    Humungus wrote:
    It would be very well recieved ...thumb.gif
    Would be nice to see, though if you are somehow related to the vendor of the software, please let us know. Not that it is bad or anything, but seeing this is your first post on these boards, it does look like there may be a bit of self-promotion at work.

That isnt bad, just need to know the perspective. Lots of software writers around these parts, but we know who they are when they write about their software.