CS2-Two questions....

MongrelMongrel Registered Users Posts: 622 Major grins
edited April 18, 2006 in Finishing School
OK, so my brand new copy of CS2 arrived this afternoon...before I install it:

1. If it is an option, should I install 'Bridge' or not?

I am running two gigs of DDR400, with two 160GB HD's (not in raid...) with an AMD 2800XP+ processor. I've heard that Bridge is a real system hog, but with the above in mind will it bog down my machine?

2. If I install Bridge does it have a feature to locate *all* the pics on my machine? I have like 60GB (or more :rolleyes ) on one drive and another 60GB on the other. Most of these were catologued using Elements 3.0.

Thanks in advance for any and all help with this.

Mongrel
If every keystroke was a shutter press I'd be a pro by now...

Comments

• cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2006
    You do want to install bridge. It makes batch processing sooo much easier!

I can't remember much of how bridge searches for images after install. All my images reside in the same directory so I've never had to monkey with disk or system wide searches.
  • MongrelMongrel Registered Users Posts: 622 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2006
    Thanks Cletus,
    yea, I hear ya...

I'm just trying to find out if there's any "BEFORE you install CS2 REMEMBER TO..." to save me some headaches.

As I sit here, hmm....let's see now...there's-

Paint Shop Pro 9
    Breezebrowser Pro
    Elements 3.0 (ironically enough, I can't find the 'hidden elements' I bought...)
    Canon DPP
    Capture 1 LE 3.7
    Raw Shooter Elements
    Focus Magic
    Photo Impressions (? came with my scanner...)
    Noiseware Pro

and probably at least three other programs I can't think of at the moment!

I'm trying to clean up and clean out all of this *crap* and basically start from scratch with the *real-deal*.

I've even considered picking up another hard drive just to dump all of the editing software onto when I get it all figured out.

I want to narrow it down, so I'm considering going with just CS2 and Canon DPP-IF CS2 will cover the bulk of the junk mentioned above I'd be a happy camper.

Thanks again for your input,

Mongrel
  • silicasilica Registered Users Posts: 89 Big grins
    edited April 18, 2006
    Mongrel wrote:
    OK, so my brand new copy of CS2 arrived this afternoon...before I install it:
    I am running two gigs of DDR400, with two 160GB HD's (not in raid...) with an AMD 2800XP+ processor. I've heard that Bridge is a real system hog, but with the above in mind will it bog down my machine?
    Mongrel

Adobe has posted a technical document on optimizing the performance of CS2 in Windows:

http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/332271.html
  • MongrelMongrel Registered Users Posts: 622 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2006
    Thanks! Silica
    I appreciate that thumb.gif