Easter in Madrid (6 pics)

RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
edited April 20, 2006 in Holy Macro
The other day I posted some candids I shot during the Easter processions in Madrid. These aren't as nice, but a couple of people wanted to see some other aspects of the scene. It rained the night of the most important procession, unfortunately, so I had to skip it.

65244420-L.jpg

65244448-L.jpg

65244414-L.jpg

65244458-L.jpg

65244466-L.jpg

65257843-L.jpg

Hope you like them. I'll be posting a complete set in my Smugmug gallery by early next week.

C&C always welcome.

Regards,

Comments

• Nee7x7Nee7x7 Registered Users Posts: 459 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2006
    Wow, I see what you mean about the pointy hats being freaky (as in too much similarity between their outfits and the KKK!!! Yikes!!!).

However, I think this set of photos is just as wonderful as the first set you posted. The third one of the guy marching is particularly striking. The first pic is also a classic in the way you see how the whole family is involved and each in their own little world as they march together. I also love how you caught the priest (?) marching with the advertisement poster with the beautiful woman behind him! Probably not intended, but it's a bit of an incongruous statement, lol!

All in all, I think you captured a wonderful set of images...somewhat strange to our eyes and interesting for that very reason. There is something in each of them that tells a story or makes us wonder who they are and why they are there...thanks for sharing these~

Cheers!
    ~Nee :)
    http://nee.smugmug.com[/COLOR]
    http://www.pbase.com/rdavis

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence that you tried~
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited April 19, 2006
    Nee7x7 wrote:
    I also love how you caught the priest (?) marching with the advertisement poster with the beautiful woman behind him! Probably not intended, but it's a bit of an incongruous statement, lol!
    Thanks for the kind words, Nee. thumb.gif I was too busy shooting to notice the poster, if you know what I mean rolleyes1.gif, but as soon as I saw it on my computer I knew I had a winner. It's a good example of how schizophrenic Spain is, progressive at times, medieval at others. I often go out of my way to capture that contrast, so it was nice to get it by accident.

BTW, the poster is for women's underwear. Too bad the crowd blocks it. rolleyes1.gif

Cheers,
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2006
    Very nice, once again a dip into your culture. I, too, like the contrast between cleric and poster. The women and the falconer are also interesting, especially their clothing.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • ultravoxultravox Registered Users Posts: 776 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2006
    Interesting series. Good work.iloveyou.gif
    Cristian.
    [SIZE=-1]It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. - John Lennon.[/SIZE]
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2006
    Gosh You Do Beautiful Work
    rsinmadrid wrote:
    The other day I posted some candids I shot during the Easter processions in Madrid. These aren't as nice, but a couple of people wanted to see some other aspects of the scene. It rained the night of the most important procession, unfortunately, so I had to skip it.

Hope you like them. I'll be posting a complete set in my Smugmug gallery by early next week.

C&C always welcome.

Regards,

Hi there.........ohhhh this stuff is just beautiful, you portray your visits to these amazing places so well, the colours the people the buildings, the culture, just stunning I enjoy your every post clap.gifclap.gif Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited April 20, 2006
    Many thanks, Sid, Cristian and Skippy. I had fun taking them and I'm glad you enjoyed them.

Cheers,