Day 5 lesson 324 - iso 800 and orchids

Camon CrowCamon Crow Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
edited April 20, 2006 in Holy Macro
Today is day 5 on the E-1 learning curve and the lesson today is the discovered that an orchid is not capable of movement requiring ISO 800, a little noisy but not too bad. By the way, day 4, lesson 323 was that birds in flight seldom flight slow enough to shoot with low ISO and if you change to high ISO check before moving on to day 5.
58723723.PA090255_COPY.jpg
Please Come Visit
The Helm Blog

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2006
    Camon Crow wrote:
    Today is day 5 on the E-1 learning curve and the lesson today is the discovered that an orchid is not capable of movement requiring ISO 800, a little noisy but not too bad. By the way, day 4, lesson 323 was that birds in flight seldom flight slow enough to shoot with low ISO and if you change to high ISO check before moving on to day 5.

What a pretty pink those Orchards are iloveyou.gif
    Your in learning mode hu ? well good for you, there is so much to learn... but it's fun :D keep shooting and posting ........ Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited April 20, 2006
    Camon Crow wrote:
    rolleyes1.gif There sure are a lot of ways to screw up, aren't there? For the record, I still forget to check the ISO setting at times even though I should know better by now. The 20D I use is pretty good at high ISO, and some noise isn't necessarily bad, but I would certainly try to minimize noise when shooting flowers.

Well, hang in there, and you'll figure all that stuff out. The great thing about digital photography is that it costs you nothing to make mistakes and learn. It just inconveniences some electrons a bit.

BTW, I tried to look at the homepage link that you have in your profile and I got a message that the gallery is password protected. Putting a homepage link in your profile is not mandatory, so you could either remove the link or open up the gallery.

Cheers,