what do you think? too much yellow?
Giselle

Comments

• BenA2BenA2 Registered Users Posts: 364 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2006
    Green
    Giselle wrote:

Actually, I'd say it's too green. If you're going for that washed-out look, I'd prefer it with more of a yellow-orange cast.

Just my two cents,
    ben
  • JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2006
    I think you are both right, too much yellow and green.

Let's see the original???

I think this would be a great shot with the correct color.
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • GiselleGiselle Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2006
    BenA2 wrote:
    Actually, I'd say it's too green. If you're going for that washed-out look, I'd prefer it with more of a yellow-orange cast.

Just my two cents,
    ben

better?
    Giselle
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited April 19, 2006
    Giselle wrote:
    better?
    nope.

nevermind the tint, her face is completely blown out... If you are going for that high-art, blown-out, and over-contrasted look, I think you need a less detailed setting. The grass and trees have a lot of texture that is taking all the attention here. at least IMO.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

edited April 19, 2006
    JimM wrote:
    I think you are both right, too much yellow and green.

Let's see the original???

I think this would be a great shot with the correct color.

here is the original....
    Giselle
    edited April 19, 2006
    DoctorIt wrote:
    nope.

nevermind the tint, her face is completely blown out... If you are going for that high-art, blown-out, and over-contrasted look, I think you need a less detailed setting. The grass and trees have a lot of texture that is taking all the attention here. at least IMO.

I agree, I would like to get something with that look but it always ends up looking like sh*t!
    Giselle
  • KodachromeKodachrome Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited April 19, 2006
    ...in the eye of the beholder
    Giselle wrote:

Hi Giselle...I hope you don't mind me doing 30 seconds in photoshop to give my take on extreme colour balances...exagerated colour can really take a good photo and make it great...my first take on your photo was that it appeared flat...so I brought up the contrast slightly...that still kept your original intent but punched out the girl and gave it some dimenion...then I did a colour burn all around the subject and that too gave the photo some life...I could have stopped there but your question of being too yellow made me think you were questioning your self...and usually your gut feel is what you need to listen to and not second guess yourself...yes I thought the skin tone was not quite right...so I tried a quick mask on the girl isolated her in a new window...threw on some curves and copied her back into the scene...all very rough...I only played with your image less than a minute...I have exaggerated the moves so that they are obvious.

yellowgirl2.jpg

I hope you don't mind me playing with your image...everyone will have their own idea as to what they think looks good...just do what you want and like...and most important...have fun...just my .02 worth.
  • JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2006
    I like the original the best. It is a very nice shot of a very attractive young lady. You might want to remove the lines (power?) in the top left though? I might also suggest cropping a little of the right out? I would like a slightly tighter crop I think.
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • dancinkatedancinkate Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2006
    JimM wrote:
    I like the original the best. It is a very nice shot of a very attractive young lady.
    15524779-Ti.gif I usually like photoshop tweaking but this one seems best with the original color.
    edited April 19, 2006
    Kodachrome wrote:
    Hi Giselle...I hope you don't mind me doing 30 seconds in photoshop to give my take on extreme colour balances...exagerated colour can really take a good photo and make it great...my first take on your photo was that it appeared flat...so I brought up the contrast slightly...that still kept your original intent but punched out the girl and gave it some dimenion...then I did a colour burn all around the subject and that too gave the photo some life...I could have stopped there but your question of being too yellow made me think you were questioning your self...and usually your gut feel is what you need to listen to and not second guess yourself...yes I thought the skin tone was not quite right...so I tried a quick mask on the girl isolated her in a new window...threw on some curves and copied her back into the scene...all very rough...I only played with your image less than a minute...I have exaggerated the moves so that they are obvious.

I hope you don't mind me playing with your image...everyone will have their own idea as to what they think looks good...just do what you want and like...and most important...have fun...just my .02 worth.

I don't mind at all. Most of th time I can tell it is off but don't know what to do to fix it, I ahve only been using photoshop since Nov. So any advise is gladly taken. I like yours much better than mine.
    Giselle