two of my very limited people photos

speedracer04speedracer04 Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
edited April 20, 2006 in People
let me know what you think, i really like how it came out. this photos is from the NAIAS this past winter.

i decided to add a little blue, if somone whats to know everything i need i can say. do you think i should crop it a little higher.

131680735_59a570f949_o.jpg

this was the photo i took it from and below that is the photo off the camera.

109930481_c1383b56e5_o.jpg

109920591_d8b04304f1_o.jpg

Comments

• NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2006
    Nathan,
    I like #1 (b/w), but I would probaly go for even more contrast to make it totally "un objet d'art".

#2 is nearly perfect: great skintone, black background... With a little PS work it could be a shot for a fine magazine thumb.gif

#3, however, is not holding a candle to the first two :-(. It looks just like a snapshot from some cheap P&S with a built-in weak flash.. Green color of the car finish adds to the distraction, skin looks too pale...ne_nau.gif

HTH
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • illuminati919illuminati919 Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2006
    I think the crop is good but I like the idea of her sitting in the car, its a very nice pose and I wouldn't crop it. I mean.... you gotta show those legs, wow :jawdrop , very nice photo.
    ~~~www.markoknezevic.com~~~

Setup: One camera, one lens, and one roll of film.
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2006
    The two photos (1 & 2) are completely different in tone/impression.

As Nikolai said, #1 is sooo close to being an art image (and very cool).

Number 2 has, for me, a more sensuous feel. Not a glamor/pinup/erotic photo, but kinda has that feel.

Becuase I get these two different feels from these images, there is no way I can say which, for me, is best. It's like they are targeted at two different audiences/media.

All that being said, I think they are both very superb images!thumb.gif
  • JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2006
    I really prefer the first one (tighest crop). Her expression is right for this tight crop. The far away crop, her expression doesn't match the scene.

Number one is great! Definately a keeper!
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • speedracer04speedracer04 Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2006
    Nikolai wrote:
    I like #1 (b/w), but I would probaly go for even more contrast to make it totally "un objet d'art".

#2 is nearly perfect: great skintone, black background... With a little PS work it could be a shot for a fine magazine thumb.gif

#3, however, is not holding a candle to the first two :-(. It looks just like a snapshot from some cheap P&S with a built-in weak flash.. Green color of the car finish adds to the distraction, skin looks too pale...ne_nau.gif

HTH

#3 was just meant to show what i started with, right of the camera. the photo is taken with a d70, 24-120 VR, and some OLD nikon flash that i dont really know how to use. i was not there to shoot people, i was there to shoot cars, this goes along withnot knowing how to use flash because i never use it. i dont know if you have ever been to a big car so like NAIAS (North America International Auto Show) but lighting is horrible.

thanks for the other comments, i am using the 2nd photo in my portfolio, the first one would not fit because it is all automotive or i would us that.
  • dancinkatedancinkate Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2006
    Even though I like #1, #2 is my favorite and jumps out at me the most. Her rich skin-tone stands out from the all black. thumb.gif
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2006
    Well done, thanks for joining us!
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited April 20, 2006
    Nathan, I like the contrasty one, but I guess it depends on what the final use is... the well processed #2 is also a great shot (and great work from the original btw).

One more thing: the link in your sig is bad (there's an extra www.dgrin.com), give it a fix thumb.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]