Sony DSLR is Coming

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
edited April 20, 2006 in Cameras
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0604/06042001sonyalphaslr.asp

Branded "alpha", is gonna be KM mount compatible.
Another nice name in DSLR market!:clap
I love competition:-) :lust
Drives the prices down, quality up :D
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• peestandinguppeestandingup Registered Users Posts: 489 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2006
    My very first digital camera was a sony cybershot. I liked it ok I guess, but hated that damn memory stick format they "stick" you with. Ouch!

Good luck to them, though. Competition is VERY good.
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2006
    I was Da Sony Man meself
    My very first digital camera was a sony cybershot. I liked it ok I guess, but hated that damn memory stick format they "stick" you with. Ouch!

Good luck to them, though. Competition is VERY good.

Until the last August, when I came to the dark side:-).
    Went through three of them sonies: 505, 505V and 828 (skipped 7x7 generation). Not that I honestly think I'll switch back from Canon (it would be like switching from Oracle to dBase, if you know what I mean:-), but hey, the more the merrier:-)
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Red BullRed Bull Registered Users Posts: 719 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2006
    I've never been a Sony fan but it will be interesting to see what this one looks like and how it performs.
    -Steven

http://redbull.smugmug.com

"Money can't buy happiness...But it can buy expensive posessions that make other people envious, and that feels just as good.":D

Canon 20D, Canon 50 1.8 II, Canon 70-200 f/4L, Canon 17-40 f/4 L, Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro, Canon 430ex.
  • MarkM6MarkM6 Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins
    edited April 20, 2006
    My guess...
    Red Bull wrote:
    I've never been a Sony fan but it will be interesting to see what this one looks like and how it performs.

I bet it will look like the Nikon D200!
  • USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2006
    Can't wait to see it Sony has some nice stuff...Loved the 717 awesome camera.
    But I will never give up my Canon. mwink.gif

Fred
  • Mr. 2H2OMr. 2H2O Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2006
    I'm gonna take a REAL close look...
    I've been thinking about adding something more than my F717 later this year. I've been so impressed with so many things about my 717 that I will definately look closely at what Sony will roll out this summer. I just hope they don't adapt the softness I've expreienced in my backup Minolta camera.
    Mike
    Olympus E-30
    IR Modified Sony F717
    http://2H2OPhoto.smugmug.com
  • cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2006
    I own a ton of Sony gear, and think their camcorders are top notch. Nevertheless, I just don't see them as a highend photo company. I have liked the design of their p&S models, and the Zeiss lens is always a plus, but never considered them because of the stupid memory stick.

Anyway, they have to do a hell of a camera to get me to consider them at this pt. Coming out with a rebadged Minolta 5D or 7D will be a huge disappointment. Panasonic is in the same boat, but their new LC1 is very interesting.