Brightness - Contrast & Sharpening

PIngrimPIngrim Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited April 21, 2006 in Finishing School
I've recently been looking through a number of photo sites where photo's appear to be amazingly well lit with deep saturation and brilliant sharpening.

An example can be found here http://tracks.revisited.fotopic.net/p27625228.html

The effect used looks almost surreal but the result I think is very good.

I presume these effects are done using Photoshop and possibly a plug in can anyone point me in the right sort of direction to obtaining these sort of results?

Comments

• cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2006
    PIngrim wrote:
    I've recently been looking through a number of photo sites where photo's appear to be amazingly well lit with deep saturation and brilliant sharpening.

An example can be found here http://tracks.revisited.fotopic.net/p27625228.html

The effect used looks almost surreal but the result I think is very good.

I presume these effects are done using Photoshop and possibly a plug in can anyone point me in the right sort of direction to obtaining these sort of results?

Hello, and welcome to dgrin wave.gif

There is all kinds of information on Photoshop and other image processing programs here. Rutt, one of our long time contributors, put together two very in depth tutorials on sharpening. The tutorials are here and here.

Also you might take a look at the Margulis LAB Color Book threads.
  • StevenVStevenV Registered Users Posts: 1,174 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2006
    And if you want more to read, check out Andy's Pop This (be sure to follow his links, especially wrt curves adjustment and skin tone correction) and then head over to the tutorials page.

there's a lot for all of us to learn.
  • PIngrimPIngrim Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited April 21, 2006
    Thats was exactly what I was looking for... thanks for the linksthumb.gif