Options

*Challenge 24 - Judy's Landscapes

judyfuessjudyfuess Registered Users Posts: 259 Major grins
edited October 30, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
I haven't had too much time to take pictures this week, but thought this might be worthy. This was taken from my window at work. I thought the clouds were kinda nice, but is there too much of them??

10147516-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2004
    Can you get an office on a lower floor? I loved the picture til discovering that there was no "rest" of it. Smile.

No, not too much clouds, love them and the little plane, but would like to see below the tops of the trees, don't know why, just have that feeling.

ginger:D
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited October 20, 2004
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Can you get an office on a lower floor? I loved the picture til discovering that there was no "rest" of it. Smile.

No, not too much clouds, love them and the little plane, but would like to see below the tops of the trees, don't know why, just have that feeling.

ginger:D
    Hi Ginger,

thanks for the comment, unfortunately there is building obstructing the view below the trees... Here is another shot where you can see the "below" .... 10149930-L.jpg
  • Options
    aero-nutaero-nut Registered Users Posts: 693 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2004
    judyfuess wrote:
    Hi Ginger,

thanks for the comment, unfortunately there is building obstructing the view below the trees... Here is another shot where you can see the "below" ....
    I like the first shot. I see your dilemma with the building. It's too bad it blocks the "foundation" of the picture. Is there any way to walk to the other side of the building, or will you loose the elevation that way?
  • Options
    edited October 21, 2004
    aero-nut wrote:
    I like the first shot. I see your dilemma with the building. It's too bad it blocks the "foundation" of the picture. Is there any way to walk to the other side of the building, or will you loose the elevation that way?

I will try to check it out. Unfortunately the picture was taken from the 3rd floor. On the other side of the building are some train tracks. I think I will probably lose most of view from the ground, but who knows umph.gif
  • Options
    digismiledigismile Registered Users Posts: 955 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2004
    What about cropping the land altogether? You could then increase the contract of the clouds to make them bold and the blue sky more dramatic. I like the idea of a skyscape with the lone plane flying through a dramatic sky (don't know if the challenge requires a piece of real "land" or not).

Brad
  • Options
    cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2004
    judyfuess wrote:
    I haven't had too much time to take pictures this week, but thought this might be worthy. This was taken from my window at work. I thought the clouds were kinda nice, but is there too much of them??

10147516-S.jpg
    Perhaps a crop to uncenter the plane....
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph
  • Options
    edited October 23, 2004
    digismile wrote:
    What about cropping the land altogether? You could then increase the contract of the clouds to make them bold and the blue sky more dramatic. I like the idea of a skyscape with the lone plane flying through a dramatic sky (don't know if the challenge requires a piece of real "land" or not).

Brad
    I tried this ... but like you said, I think it no longer is a landscape any more :)

10258083-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 23, 2004
    cmr164 wrote:
    Perhaps a crop to uncenter the plane....
    wow, I would never have thought of that idea!!! I like it a lot better
    thanks!
  • Options
    edited October 23, 2004
    I finally had a chance to get out... here are some more pics
    These were taken on the other side of the mountains that were in my plane shot. Any thoughts?

San Marcos Pass 1
    10266186-M.jpg

San Marcos Pass 2

10258188-M.jpg

San Marcos Pass 3

10258294-M.jpg

San Marcos Pass 4
    10258305-M.jpg

San Marcos Pass 5

10258310-M.jpg

I think I like the first one the best but would definately like other opinions
  • Options
    edited October 24, 2004
    I had a chance to play with San Marcos Pass 3 a bit, any thoughts?

10302755-M.jpg

Or maybe a cropped version?
    10303408-M.jpg
  • Options
    miketaylor01miketaylor01 Registered Users Posts: 318 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2004
    Good shots. I agree and like the first shot the best as well. It is good the way it is except for one thing in my mind. Which doesnt count for much but I htought I would tell you anyways. I think you captures a very beautiful and vast landscape shot here. My eyes are drawn right to the points of the mountain and that blue sky, but then almost as quick they are drwn down the the group of trees in the lower left corner. I know sometimes there is nothing you can do about some trees being in the way and that was probably the case here. Maybe a crop swould work. Cutting off some of the bottow might even make the rest of the scene seem even more vast. Wide shots like that tend to do this I have noticed. Just a thought.
    Mike

Sigma SD9, SD14, and DP1
    http://miketaylor.giph.com
  • Options
    edited October 24, 2004
    Good shots. I agree and like the first shot the best as well. It is good the way it is except for one thing in my mind. Which doesnt count for much but I htought I would tell you anyways. I think you captures a very beautiful and vast landscape shot here. My eyes are drawn right to the points of the mountain and that blue sky, but then almost as quick they are drwn down the the group of trees in the lower left corner. I know sometimes there is nothing you can do about some trees being in the way and that was probably the case here. Maybe a crop swould work. Cutting off some of the bottow might even make the rest of the scene seem even more vast. Wide shots like that tend to do this I have noticed. Just a thought.
    Great suggestion! Here is one where I cropped off some of the bottom. I left some of the trees but not all. I thought that keeping some of it added to the picture. Thanks!

10327295-M.jpg
  • Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2004
    judyfuess wrote:
    Great suggestion! Here is one where I cropped off some of the bottom. I left some of the trees but not all. I thought that keeping some of it added to the picture. Thanks!

10327295-S.jpg

I like what you've done here. It looks real good.
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • Options
    edited October 30, 2004
    Took this one a couple of days ago..

Sunrise at Summerland Beach
    10572474-M.jpg

any thoughts or comments?
  • Options
    cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2004
    judyfuess wrote:

10572474-S.jpg

Probably the best so far. I do think the airplane shot has potential with cropping also. I was not enamored with the shots inbetween.
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph
  • Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2004
    judyfuess wrote:

10572474-S.jpg

Aaah, this is really nice. I think a slight rotation to the right will level that horizon line. Yes, the best so far. thumb.gif
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • Options
    miketaylor01miketaylor01 Registered Users Posts: 318 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2004
    Definitely the Sunrise. Very nice shot. I like the best so far of all the shots youve posted. Agree with Snapy about the rotation, but other than that its great.
    Mike

Sigma SD9, SD14, and DP1
    http://miketaylor.giph.com
  • Options
    SandySandy Registered Users Posts: 762 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2004
    I really like the sunrise the best.
  • Options
    edited October 30, 2004
    Thanks for the comments & suggestion. I rotated it 2 degrees, definately much better!!

10588296-M.jpg