Renaissance Faire

SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
edited April 22, 2006 in People
Snaps of the Renaissance Faire can be found here:
http://garyayala.smugmug.com/gallery/1385827

Usual disclaimer of not being very selective with my postings as many of the shots are for the participants.

65468676-L.jpg
My snaps can be found here:
Unsharp at any Speed

Comments

• FatNakedGuyFatNakedGuy Registered Users Posts: 116 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2006
    beautiful shots man! scored some free passes to the event recently and we'll be headed that way soon!

do you ask permission of every photo clicked, or do the participants just assume it's a free-for-all and don't mind the cameras?
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2006
    Great shots Gary. You do a very good job of isolating your subjects and I like your use of DOF. The only thing that bothered me about some of your shots was that I think you may have brightened some of the eyes a little to much. It may be from your B&W conversion, which is also very nice BTW. I really like this gallery and also checked out your B&W's gallery and you have some really nice images.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2006
    Thanks. Everybody expects to be photographed ... even the spectators ... so its great ... acres and acres of photo ops.
    beautiful shots man! scored some free passes to the event recently and we'll be headed that way soon!

do you ask permission of every photo clicked, or do the participants just assume it's a free-for-all and don't mind the cameras?
    Unsharp at any Speed
    edited April 21, 2006
    gluwater wrote:
    Great shots Gary. You do a very good job of isolating your subjects and I like your use of DOF. The only thing that bothered me about some of your shots was that I think you may have brightened some of the eyes a little to much. It may be from your B&W conversion, which is also very nice BTW. I really like this gallery and also checked out your B&W's gallery and you have some really nice images.

The eyes bother me too ... lol ... I know I over did some ... just too tired to redo ... but in my defense ... you should have seen the ones I did redo (a few were intentionally overdone cuz I know the subjects). This was my first attempt at "eyes" ... next time I share exercise some restraint. And thanks for the compliment. -Gary-
    Unsharp at any Speed
  • big johnbig john Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited April 21, 2006
    great shots! which ren fair were these taken at?
    edited April 21, 2006
    big john wrote:
    great shots! which ren fair were these taken at?

They were tken last weekend in Irwindale (SoCal). It will be operating though the end of May I think. Tons of skits and performances ... I may go back just to something "specific" , like maybe just the Lensbaby or just the belly dancers. Tons-o-photo-ops. -Gary-
    Unsharp at any Speed
  • big johnbig john Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited April 21, 2006
    I really love your gallery! I have a gallery of ren fair shots on smugmug too. I couldn't agree more about the photo ops. I believe that fair is owned by the Renaissance Entertainment Company who also sponsor the Bristol (wisconsin) ren fair as well as the New York ren fair. Many of the performers work the ren fair circuit and follow it around all summer. The Bristol ren fair opens in July and runs for 9 weeks.

I am goin back several times this year with my canon 20D and 70-200 L lens and hope to get some better shots this time araound. Check out my gallery (cmuetz.smugmug.com) when you get a chance. If you are ever in the greter Milwaukee/Chicago area this summer you should check out Bristol. In fact, I am trying to help organize a group trip of camera enthusiasts on the POTN website.

Keep shooting...I really like your work!
    edited April 22, 2006
    Thanks Big John. I noticed you're getting a POTN group to shoot your faire ... sounds like fun. I liked your gallery ... looks like it was in the woods.
    Unsharp at any Speed