Needed to buy Good P&S Camera w/great close up

snickerbell2snickerbell2 Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
edited April 21, 2006 in Cameras
I need a good P&S camera with good micro/close up/detail i like to take close ups of flowers and my new kodak Z740 is not doing the trick, i useto have a sony mavica with floppy and it worked very well with my close ups, any suggestions

Comments

• cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2006
    I need a good P&S camera with good micro/close up/detail i like to take close ups of flowers and my new kodak Z740 is not doing the trick, i useto have a sony mavica with floppy and it worked very well with my close ups, any suggestions

The Nikon L3 has an excellent macro mode.
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph
  • photodougphotodoug Registered Users Posts: 870 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2006

I just made a similar recommendation to a friend taking photos of flowers/gardens also. Nikon Coolpix S4: because it swivels. So when that flower you're shooting is at ground level, you don't have to be. And the price is below $300.
  • Micah WeberMicah Weber Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
    edited April 21, 2006
    photodoug wrote:
    I just made a similar recommendation to a friend taking photos of flowers/gardens also. Nikon Coolpix S4: because it swivels. So when that flower you're shooting is at ground level, you don't have to be. And the price is below $300.

yup swivel is nice

i have the s3 and the macro mode is sik
    Portfolio: www.micahweber.com | Nikon Shooter. D50 |18-55mm | 55-200mm || S3
  • ScottMcLeodScottMcLeod Registered Users Posts: 753 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2006
    yup swivel is nice

i have the s3 and the macro mode is sik
    The macro mode on just about any recent nikon is as you put it 'sik'.

It's pretty much 1CM macro. the trick is, you have to be on the camera's widest setting.

Now, the S4, IIRC allows you to zoom in a bit when doing the macro mode.

My advice: Go to your local camera store and bring a penny with you. Start pulling out cameras and trying them out. Once you find a few you like, come home, read review on epinion and dpreview etc..., then go back and buy it.

Check Fuji out too. Sexy sexy image sensors (colour wise). and Canon's new line, also have a nice macro function on them.
    - Scott
    http://framebyframe.ca
    [Bodies] Canon EOS 20D - Canon EOS 500
    [Lenses] Sigma APO 70-200 f/2.8 - Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 - Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 - Tamron XR Di 28-75mm f/2.8 - Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6
    [Flash] Sigma EF500 Super DG Flash
    [Tripod]
    Manfrotto 055 Pro Black
    [Head] 484RC2, 200RC2
  • snickerbell2snickerbell2 Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited April 21, 2006
    thanks
    if im in a store this weekend ill test them out... i think i like the coolpix S4 alot though, but ill have to test it out to be sure