Maskerade

igoforitigoforit Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
edited April 21, 2006 in People
This my first post with pictures on Digital Grin. I hope you like my pictures:

65438879-L.jpg

65438996-L.jpg

65439061-L.jpg

These are not studio shots, they were shot with natural light and fill in flash at high ISO (1600 ISO and 800 ISO).
Hope it works for you,

Jos

Comments

• Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2006
    Wow what great subjects....You did a great job.thumb.gif
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2006
    Great captures!
    Congratulations on a great first photo submission!
    If you don't mind my asking: was it a rehearsal? What optics did you use?
    The reason I'm asking - from my experience, flash is usually a big no-no during the performance, unless they specifically asked for the photocoverage.. Also they don't like for a cameraguy being on stage, so in most cases I had to use some strong tele...
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2006
    Fantastic colors, costumes, and expressions... looks like you lost a bit of her whip on #2 (very minor nit, though). thumb.gif
    Chris
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2006
    Very cirque du soleil. Nice exposure...what is the play/act ?
  • livinginozlivinginoz Registered Users Posts: 497 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2006
    are they in costumes, or is it done with body paint? i can look at it and see it both ways.......beautiful images!
    laurie in rural minnesota

my stuff
  • igoforitigoforit Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited April 21, 2006
    Some details
    There is no re-hearsal. The models need to be painted within a certain time frame and then the jury starts their work. The models then give a show, but I didn't take pictures during the show, but I waited them when they came out. When I take pictures during a show (like the pictures I made in Putte), I will not use flash light and make use of the light the show is providing. The organisers had provided a black background for the photographers who wanted to make pictures of the models, but no studio lighting.
    I used a 70-200 L IS lens.

Regards,

Jos
  • igoforitigoforit Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited April 21, 2006
    livinginoz wrote:
    are they in costumes, or is it done with body paint? i can look at it and see it both ways.......beautiful images!
    This is real body paint.
    Jos