a few wide ones

Se7enUKSe7enUK Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
edited April 22, 2006 in Sports
I have been having a play with some wide shots, anyone wanna give any feedback?

panoramic3qy.jpg

panoramic34dy.jpg

panoramic28yk.jpg

Comments

• maegandoughertymaegandougherty Registered Users Posts: 96 Big grins
    edited April 22, 2006
    I like 1 better than 2 (he's just turning, not falling right? yikes!) and 3 is very appealing to me. I like that it's very simple, but still has interesting details.
  • ryan_wedemeyerryan_wedemeyer Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited April 22, 2006
    i like the framing, they look like a web banner.

however, as pure photographs they remind me of a recent critique i fielded on my snow photos - perhaps it's just a lot of useless information?

also, i'm just not sure about the intrest in the ass end of a motorcycle in an action shot. are you?

i hate that black and white and color gimmick. i liked the effect in "rumble fish". however copolla made that flick in the 70's. color and bikes are a natural.

i like the isolation in #3, and i like the pose - it's unusual.
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2006
    The first shot with the lean into the curve, would work better (to me) in a tighter crop. The extra space doesn't seem to do much for it. I'm not a big fan of selective coloring and it does not add much to this particular shot. The last shot is the best to me. In this shot the extra space does work. The distance from the rider in addition to the space gives a feeling of the isolation and dedication to perfecting his craft. Seeing the tire marks, which the wide shot allows, gives an added sense of all the practice and competition required of the sport. thumb.gif
  • mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2006
    I don't like the second. I do like the third. For the first one its a matter of composition to me. I want to see where the rider is going. All that space to the right is space the rider is not going, nor ever has been. Everything that is interesting is to the left. Just move your camera a bit left next time. :)
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • oldbmwoldbmw Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited April 22, 2006
    3 hands down. If you want a suggestion the only thing I might do would be burn the clouds a little to get a little depth in them.
    Chris Jennings
    chrisjennings.smugmug.com

Use coupon 6bPSMkMYrhpVE to save $5.00 on a new smugmug account