Japanese Maples in 'Bloom'

ThusieThusie Registered Users Posts: 1,818 Major grins
edited April 23, 2006 in Holy Macro
Yes they do 'bloom' and at time look more like they flower then just put on leaves. Seems like we have a constant wind going so not sharp as they could be:dunno C&C always welcome and thanks for looking.

65655403-L.jpg

65655506-L.jpg

65655440-L.jpg

65655425-L.jpg

Odd ball here, a conifer (Larch)

65655477-L.jpg

Comments

• Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2006
    Wonderful shots Thusie- I've been doing some similar shots recently as my acers begin to sprout. You've also reminded what one of my bonsai fir trees is (a larch) assuming it drops it's needles in winter.
    Brian V.
  • ThusieThusie Registered Users Posts: 1,818 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2006
    Thanks Brian. Yes it is a Larch that drops needles in winter. Would love to see your shots especially the larch bonsaithumb.gif

What do you do about wind? Small amounts of wind, ok soft breezene_nau.gif
    edited April 22, 2006
    Thusie wrote:
    Thanks Brian. Yes it is a Larch that drops needles in winter. Would love to see your shots especially the larch bonsaithumb.gif

What do you do about wind? Small amounts of wind, ok soft breezene_nau.gif
    These were some of the shots- the first shot was actually of the lichens on the bonsai larch. The last shot is a baby fir cone on the larch.
    Brian V.
    131981319_54c65ed018.jpg

131969437_cc7fa68b67.jpg

129435999_3cd1a392da.jpg
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2006
    Hi Thusie
    Thusie wrote:
    Yes they do 'bloom' and at time look more like they flower then just put on leaves. Seems like we have a constant wind going so not sharp as they could bene_nau.gif C&C always welcome and thanks for looking.
    Odd ball here, a conifer (Larch)

Nice work....... Spring is always a lovely time of the year to be taking photos, so many colourful plants and trees.....nice series.
    Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
    edited April 23, 2006
    Nice Brian, the larch is super, love the baby cone on the last. Is the 2nd shot a coral bark ( Sango kaku) J Maple? I m waiting for my favorite the Ukigumo to bloom and hope we have it in enough shade it blooms white. I love this time of year:):
    edited April 23, 2006
    Skippy wrote:
    Nice work....... Spring is always a lovely time of the year to be taking photos, so many colourful plants and trees.....nice series.
    Skippy (Australia)

Thanks much Skippy. Yes spring is wonderful and we have actually had 'spring weather' to go with all the new color.clap.gif
    edited April 23, 2006
    Thusie wrote:
    Nice Brian, the larch is super, love the baby cone on the last. Is the 2nd shot a coral bark ( Sango kaku) J Maple? I m waiting for my favorite the Ukigumo to bloom and hope we have it in enough shade it blooms white. I love this time of year:):
    Thanks Thusie,
    Have to admit I can't remember the name of that Acer but it is fairly fast growing compared to some of them- it's about 9 foot tall now and has that deep red bark on newish shoots so it has nice colour even in winter.
    Brian V.
    edited April 23, 2006
    Thanks Thusie,
    Have to admit I can't remember the name of that Acer but it is fairly fast growing compared to some of them- it's about 9 foot tall now and has that deep red bark on newish shoots so it has nice colour even in winter.
    Brian V.

I can't pronouce most of ours even if I can sort of remember the name, spell one fergetaboutit:D Your description sounds like the coral bark, the red branches are very nice in winter
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2006
    very niceiloveyou.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
    edited April 23, 2006
    Thank you Awais