Soccer shots

jimfjimf Registered Users Posts: 338 Major grins
edited April 24, 2006 in People
My little girl started soccer a week ago, which provides me with ample opportunity to use my favorite lens. Here's my favorite shot from this week.

MG_1157.sized.jpg
jim frost
jimf@frostbytes.com

Comments

• gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2006
    So what is your new lens you mention? It's a cute shot of your daughter but I would like to see it a little off center, or maybe at a different angle. I've noticed that I like shots of kids better if they are taken at their level. It could also use some pop, it looks a bit flat.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • jimfjimf Registered Users Posts: 338 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2006
    gluwater wrote:
    So what is your new lens you mention? It's a cute shot of your daughter but I would like to see it a little off center, or maybe at a different angle. I've noticed that I like shots of kids better if they are taken at their level. It could also use some pop, it looks a bit flat.

I said "favorite" lens, not new :-). It's a Canon 70-200 f/2.8 IS. I do tend to get down pretty low for doing kid shots, but less so when it's cold and the field is damp and muddy.

You're right about the pop, I could boost saturation and contrast a bit. If I get around to printing it I will. Not much chance of changing the centering, alas.

jim
    jim frost
    jimf@frostbytes.com