contemplation

nateeboy68nateeboy68 Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
edited April 29, 2006 in People
The sun was setting and I was trying to capture some of the golden rays as it hit her hair and clothes. Suggestions/comments?

Comments

• gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2006
    I would like to see more of the sunlight hitting her face and cloths, maybe if she was facing the sun more. It also looks a bit soft.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2006
    Looks a little out of focus to me, could have been caused by camera movement.
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • nateeboy68nateeboy68 Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited April 26, 2006
    quality
    JimM wrote:
    Looks a little out of focus to me, could have been caused by camera movement.

The picture had great focus. I still can't figure out how to reduce the image size without losing quality. I've tried several different ways in Photoshop CS2 and no matter what method I've used so far whether it's image quality downsizing, or saving for web, it really shoots the sharpness and makes the picture look like it's out of focus when in my original the focus is fine. I'd appreciate any ideas on how to downsize pictures without losing quality :)
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2006
    The best way to post images is to have them on a site like smugmug. Then you can post the full res images. If you want a $5 discount code just ask anyone here that uses smugmug and they can give you one. Or try one of the free photohosting site, but I can guarantee that smugmug is way better than any of the free sites.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • mknphotosmknphotos Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited April 29, 2006
    Shadow/highlight
    It's generally a nice shot. I would use the shadow highlight tool to bring out a little bit more detail in her shirt and hair. I think that there is just a bit too much pure black in the image.

Other than that small nit, I think that the image is great.