Options

Ch 63 Slacklining

mushymushy Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
edited April 27, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
Am undecided as to whether or not this works, any input would be appreciated :):
May I take your picture?

Comments

• Options
    SugarloafurSugarloafur Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
    edited April 24, 2006
    Hey, I think slacking is a great idea. Maybe increase the exposure time and change the angle to make a longer blur stretching across the photo. I wish I thought of doing this with my slackline!
  • Options
    twinbnjtwinbnj Registered Users Posts: 271 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2006
    Very good idea - the shot came out very nice.
    I think this one can work as is, but if you have time to re-shoot the advice given could result in a better image.
  • Options
    chandichandi Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
    edited April 24, 2006
    Wow! Didn't know what slacklining was before I saw this pic. It took me a while to see that the person was off ground and was walking on a rope - and then it sunk in. If you can make it more clear that the person was off ground, I think it'll be great! Also, it might be a little better to have a stronger image of the person and a blur around that stronger image (as in use a flash once?)
  • Options
    sayntbrigidsayntbrigid Registered Users Posts: 381 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2006
    I think thats amazing......almost looks like a ghost headscratch.gifthumb
    True happiness is wanting what you have
    http://avatars.imvu.com/sayntbrigidii
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Registered Users Posts: 239 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2006
    Strobe
    I might try shooting this with the longer exposure as you have done but incorporate a strobe synced to rear fire. In other words, if you have the ability to control when the strobe fires, shoot the same shot with fill flash firing at the end of the exposure rather than the beginning. It might give the motion needed while having a perfectly exposed person to see his expression.

Deacon
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2006
    Deacon wrote:
    I might try shooting this with the longer exposure as you have done but incorporate a strobe synced to rear fire. In other words, if you have the ability to control when the strobe fires, shoot the same shot with fill flash firing at the end of the exposure rather than the beginning. It might give the motion needed while having a perfectly exposed person to see his expression.

Deacon
    Good idea.

Also, think about depth of field and backgrounds and lighting. Lots of potential, it's a good concept.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2006
    Haha, that turned out a lot better than any of my blurred slacking shots. Here's a thought: can you get a really wide crazy surf going and maintain it? That might show off the dynamic nature of slacklining fairly well, but then it also might just be too blurred too...

Also... what system are you using to rig your lines?
    John Borland
    www.morffed.com
  • Options
    nalvareznalvarez Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2006
    Good shot. I think the advice above might make it even better.
  • Options
    mushymushy Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2006
    Thanks to all those who entered comments on the above shot, as far as setting up rigs with external flashes etc. Unfortunately I don't have any flash other than the built in one, which I did experiment with but never gave a strong enough flash to give a solid image. Plus since it was quite a bright day and I don't own any ND filters any more than a one second exposure was just getting very blown out.
    The actual setup comes as a 'slacklining kit' with the webbing lopped at one end to wrap around a tree or whatever and back through itself then to a ratchet at the other end, similar to what you see on trucks for tyiing down loads so the setup and getting the right tension is quick and simple.
    May I take your picture?