sunny background

GiselleGiselle Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
edited April 26, 2006 in People
Hi, just curious what y'all think of this..
Giselle

Comments

• ryan_wedemeyerryan_wedemeyer Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited April 24, 2006
    i like the idea of the effect, it's dreamy, but i think it might be a little overwhelming in this instance.

my concern would be that, perhaps , her face is a shade too soft and she doesn't occupy enough of the frame in proportion to the blownout background down and right in the frame.

i can't tell from the image in my monitor if the fill was substantial enough.

it's wierd, but the hand on the knee, stacked next to the other knee makes the middle knee appear as a ghost image.

also, a little too yellow/green in the skin tone.

the entire photograph is unorthodox and ambitious - i like that, but it needs polish.

i'm only being so critical because i think you are close.
  • GiselleGiselle Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2006
    i like the idea of the effect, it's dreamy, but i think it might be a little overwhelming in this instance.

my concern would be that, perhaps , her face is a shade too soft and she doesn't occupy enough of the frame in proportion to the blownout background down and right in the frame.

i can't tell from the image in my monitor if the fill was substantial enough.

it's wierd, but the hand on the knee, stacked next to the other knee makes the middle knee appear as a ghost image.

also, a little too yellow/green in the skin tone.

the entire photograph is unorthodox and ambitious - i like that, but it needs polish.

i'm only being so critical because i think you are close.

Thanks for the imput, I am so bad at color! Everyone is always saying something about having too much yellow/green in my images! Is the color any better? I tried to crop more in the edited image but she looked trapped in a glass box. I also tried to fix the ghost knee. What do you think now? Again, thanks, I know I need a lot of help!
    Giselle
    edited April 24, 2006
    i'm sure you know this, but the green cast in this photo almost certainly is because, well, she's surrounded by bounced and filtered light - bounced off grass and filtered through trees. Magenta in color correction should help.

have you, or did you, use fill flash or a bounce card? if not, that might make the photo a little stronger as a portrait.

however, if you are having a more general color problem, i wonder if you have color calibration tools?

i like my eye-one display, it's simple.

the ghost knee is much better.

great looking girl. getting better.
    edited April 24, 2006
    I was using a fill flash that day, but I dont remember if I did on that shot or not. I will look into the color calibration... but I really think it is more my problem than a computer problem.
    Giselle
    edited April 24, 2006
    Giselle wrote:
    I was using a fill flash that day, but I dont remember if I did on that shot or not. I will look into the color calibration... but I really think it is more my problem than a computer problem.

if your computer is not calibrated - it wont matter if you have a eye/brain problem or not.

before i got calibrated, my images were getting more and more yellow.......

sound familliar?
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2006
    I have to agree with the above recommendation to get your computer monitor calibrated. Without that, you really have no clue what your images REALLY look like, only what they look like on your monitor. And, with out calibration, it is very difficult to know what your prints are going to look like.

So, first step, calibrate your monitor. The, if you print, make sure you get your printer calibrated as well. Basically, you want your camera, monitor, and printer all on the same page so they all have the same concept of color.

This will save you all sorts of hearache and frustration.
  • JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2006
    I really like the shot. It strikes me as exciting.

Nice job! clap.gif
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
    edited April 26, 2006
    JimM wrote:
    I really like the shot. It strikes me as exciting.

Nice job! clap.gif

Thanks, Jim
    Giselle