CH 63 - New Picture

ciscoguy24ciscoguy24 Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
edited April 26, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
Hey guys just got done shooting this one. I was at the University of Tampa and saw this guy sitting out here studying. I saw the light I had to play with and said "Dude I have got to take you picture" LOL Course he said sure no problem. What do ya'll think? Would it be good enough for the challenge? Its a 30 sec exposure ISO 100

66150781-M.jpg

Comments

• RedhedRedhed Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited April 24, 2006
    Very nice, but I believe it has to be at least 1 second exposure for ch. 63 ne_nau.gif
  • DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2006
    Redhed wrote:
    Very nice, but I believe it has to be at least 1 second exposure for ch. 63 ne_nau.gif

Its a 30 sec exposure ISO 100
    deal.gif
    Daniel Bauer
    smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

• ciscoguy24ciscoguy24 Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
    edited April 25, 2006
    Here is another one.... Which one do ya'll like the best?

66229347-M.jpg
  • ultravoxultravox Registered Users Posts: 776 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2006
    Adam, IMO #2 is better. In the first one the right side light pool is a little eye catching.
    Cristian.
    [SIZE=-1]It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. - John Lennon.[/SIZE]
  • cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2006
    Well I like #1 better, it looks more like a time exposure to be, and to me the interesting thing is the environment...where he is studying, not so much a guy studying. The buildings with all the lights on is really nice.
    edited April 25, 2006
    I like the first one...the guy looks so little and alone compared to the huge buildings and trees surrounding him. Also, I think the background of the second is a bit cluttered and distracting. The first emphasizes the guy's solitary position and the beautiful setting.

Although I must say...upon taking a second look, I realized that I prefer the guy's position in the second photo...pen in the mouth and everything!
  • DeaconDeacon Registered Users Posts: 239 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2006
    I like the second shot best as it focuses on the person more directlyclap.gif

Deacon
  • oldbmwoldbmw Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited April 26, 2006
    # 1 with the bottom and the light on the right cropped out. That should put the guy somewhere near a third and give you the nice night building background.
    Chris Jennings
    chrisjennings.smugmug.com

Use coupon 6bPSMkMYrhpVE to save $5.00 on a new smugmug account
    edited April 26, 2006
    oldbmw wrote:
    # 1 with the bottom and the light on the right cropped out. That should put the guy somewhere near a third and give you the nice night building background.

15524779-Ti.gif
  • gildcogildco Registered Users Posts: 179 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2006
    I like the focus on the "big picture," #1, in which the environment, not the student, is the focus.
    Gil