Maximum number of photos in a gallery

mpmcleodmpmcleod Registered Users Posts: 288 Major grins
edited April 25, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Is there a limit on the number of pictures in a gallery?
-- Mike

smugmug nickname: mpmcleod
http://www.michaelmcleod.com/

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2006
    Negative. Upload awayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy wave.gif
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2006
    Some practical considerations
    mpmcleod wrote:
    Is there a limit on the number of pictures in a gallery?

While smugmug may not impose a limit, you will find certain feature management screens (particularly those that show a thumbnail for every image all in one screen), start to get unwieldly when you get a lot of images in a single gallery. So, you may want to think of your own practical limit (perhaps a couple hundred) just so the various gallery management screens don't get too painful.

And, of course, few viewers actually want to wade through hundreds of images, to there's usually a viewer reason to make galleries smaller too.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • mpmcleodmpmcleod Registered Users Posts: 288 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2006
    jfriend wrote:
    While smugmug may not impose a limit, you will find certain feature management screens (particularly those that show a thumbnail for every image all in one screen), start to get unwieldly when you get a lot of images in a single gallery. So, you may want to think of your own practical limit (perhaps a couple hundred) just so the various gallery management screens don't get too painful.

And, of course, few viewers actually want to wade through hundreds of images, to there's usually a viewer reason to make galleries smaller too.

That is a valid point.
    My plan was that this gallery would not be for viewing. Rather it would just be a place to put a bulk upload of my photos. Mostly I wanted to get everything uploaded at once into one place just to make sure it is somewhere safe offsite. Then i will start getting organized.

thanks,
    -- Mike

smugmug nickname: mpmcleod
    http://www.michaelmcleod.com/