Options

chal 63, ginger

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited April 26, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
ok, i know everyone will hate this, but I have to put it up to look at it. I can't enter it, because once someone enters, they are committed to enter.....it is not as easy as it used to be to just take your photo down.

I like this kind of stuff, you all, well, you can hate it or not, but I was having fun and decided to mess around with a hand held 1 sec. The problem was I couldn't get it dark enough..........because I forgot that I could change my ISO. That would have helped. I was just messing around, but I like blurry photos....I am kind of known for that.

66199906-L.jpg

f 32, 400 ISO, 100mm, 1 sec

I was in the butterfly house, it is pretty there. I just looked around and saw the fountain........well, .........the butterflys are the reason for the higher exif.
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• Options
    asdasd Registered Users Posts: 115 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2006
    Wow, that looks like a painting (sorry, I can't name the style). I normally cannot stand any blurriness, but I like it here. Very nice!
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
    edited April 25, 2006
    Very pretty and different from all the other things we have seen so far. I say go for it. thumb.gif

Cheers,
  • Options
    FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2006
    It's lovely, Ginger. It does look like a painting. clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Virginia

Email
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2006
    Ginger,

I believe this to be a real contender for the challenge.

I can't see anything not to like about this photograph - has a real artsy feel to it. Very nice.thumb.gif
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2006
    Very different from your usual work, but excellent as always! I would definitely enter this beauty!!! thumb.gif
  • Options
    twinbnjtwinbnj Registered Users Posts: 271 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2006
    this has a wonderful painted feel, very warm and lovely.
    You have a good eye to capture something very different!
    thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited April 25, 2006
    Thank you, everyone! I just might enter it! Just might! The flower bud was already in place, the fountain was up and flowing..............just a nice opportunity. It was pretty anyway one looked at it.

The problem with going back is that if I took it normally, on a tripod and all, I don't think I would get the "painterly" effect, and someone has probably thrown out the flower bud:cry .

Thanks all,
    I do love stuff like this,
    but I don't show it much!

ginger (That 100 lens, it is my "new", in feb, macro.)
  • Options
    MarkSBMarkSB Registered Users Posts: 96 Big grins
    edited April 26, 2006
    Ginger, the effect is nice, very good soft colors. It doesn't strike me as a bud or a fountain, but as a painting it's nice. Also, the "long exposure" effect isn't there, tho that is likely not the deciding factor. If you like it, enter it.
    I would like to see something in solid focus, like the bud.
  • Options
    sayntbrigidsayntbrigid Registered Users Posts: 381 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2006
    It looks like an "impressionist" painting......I like it, I like it a lot......I think you should definately enter it.......besides the challenge is long exposure, not "motion"

just me 2 cents :D
    True happiness is wanting what you have
    http://avatars.imvu.com/sayntbrigidii
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2006
    I actually like it G ...is that sensor dust all over it ? If so then its a true modern photograph showing time lapse.
  • Options
    edited April 26, 2006
    I don't know if there is sensor dust, there should be. But I don't know what the little black spots are. I took a bunch out. They are not sensor stuff, it has to do with that fountain, or area, as they are not on my other photos.

Yeah, I was going to reshoot to get the flower bud (if I could find one).......to get it still. Well, I have discovered, just moments ago that somewhere between my husband and me, I not only do not have a good tripod. I have NO tripod.

I am NOT, please, I am not spending the whole day tearing the house apart looking for it just to find nothing.

I can use his big heavy tripod, too heavy for me to carry, but he has to be with me, I cannot carry it.

I have enough financial problems for the foreseeable future, I can't imagine that I will have a tripod again ever, if that one does not show up.

I wish I knew of one hill, somewhere to stand and get an awesome evening coming on with car lights, bridge, water, reflections and all: I don't! I could do that with Bill.

ginger
  • Options
    oldbmwoldbmw Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited April 26, 2006
    I like it.
    Chris Jennings
    chrisjennings.smugmug.com

Use coupon 6bPSMkMYrhpVE to save $5.00 on a new smugmug account