Pic. From My New MX Site

xtnomadxtnomad Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
edited April 27, 2006 in Sports
65439493-M.jpg65437426-M.jpg65437412-M.jpgHope This Works. Let Me Know What You Think.

My site is http://rtm-ltd.smugmug.com/

65434614-M.jpg
xtnomad :wink

Witch One do you like best 6 votes

16%
photo 1 vote
33%
VMacjkelly25 2 votes
0%
50%
HarveyMushmanEric&SusanNikolai 3 votes

Comments

• wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2006
    Cool shots! I really like these.

Love the boot and the speed blur.
    65437426-S.jpg

The face and the eyes, excellent.
    65434614-S.jpg
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2006
    Not too bad, but I would try a larger f-stop, to get rid of some of the background, if you can. If I'm shooting a rider from the side I try to go with F2.8 and no smaller than F4, I like the isolation. I know it's hard at the track to keep the background clean (fences, barrels, trucks....) so shooting as wide open as you can helps.

A couple of the shots in your gallery look a little more blue than others, but I'm not sure why. Settings I'd guess. ne_nau.gif

I liked your speed shots. I enjoy doing those too, but not very many people seem to buy those. I guess they like sharp shots. headscratch.gif

I see that you have your pic's right click protected, but you also have your links, forums, and blogs on, which means people can take your pics, so turn them off!

Keep shooting...it's safer than racing!!:D
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
  • xtnomadxtnomad Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2006
    Thank you for the Feed Back.
    Thank you for the feed back it helps. The DPreview seems to like pics. of flowers and cats and stuf and received no feed back with post there. So keep it coming. The blue might be from taking pics. at sun set close to the gulf or my monitor not calibrated, still trying to get things right. This is my first DSLR and the learning curve is a little step. The speed shots were taken as the sun was going down and most were not worth posting. I am trying to work with the in camera settings to help with post prosessing. The forms link was turned on last night and have now learned to put pics. in a private gallery to protect. There is a pro that the tracts perfer and dont what to step on any toes but the guys have noticed my pics. and hope to start a side line in sports photography. Thank You Rod M.
    xtnomad :wink
  • JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2006
    xtnomad wrote:
    Thank you for the feed back it helps.

Having a hiden gallery with your pics for posting here is the best way, then at least only the ones here are clickable.

I'll tell you something, learning with a DSLR is better than learning with film....I used so much, sooo many years ago.

I shoot all my MX at Large Fine Jpeg, with some sharpness and saturation dialed in (a little experimenting). I will usually set the white balance to match the conditions, if its sunny, or cloudy, but if it keeps changing I leave auto. You don't always have time to make those changes on the fly!

Don't worry about the track pro, if you decide to sell pics, and you price them fairly (don't cut his throat-it will effect yours) the riders will decide whose stuff they like. :D
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
  • mereimagemereimage Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2006
    These arew really cool shots
    A little fill flash would help open the shadows - obviously this is tricky but it could help improve many of these shots..........Mereimage