light weaving

DeaconDeacon Registered Users Posts: 239 Major grins
edited April 26, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
Imagining this shot I thought it would be fun. Much more challenging than I thought. Any merit on pursuing this...?

66375276-L.jpg

66375370-L.jpg

Negative Image

66375341-L-2.jpg

Deacon

Comments

• sayntbrigidsayntbrigid Registered Users Posts: 381 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2006
    I think the second one is wonderfull, more blue in it....
    True happiness is wanting what you have
    http://avatars.imvu.com/sayntbrigidii
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2006
    Pretty neat!!
    Strobe effect? mwink.gif Nicely done! thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • ultravoxultravox Registered Users Posts: 776 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2006
    Hey, great ones.clap.gif
    Cristian.
    [SIZE=-1]It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. - John Lennon.[/SIZE]
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2006
    I like!! thumb.gif Neat idea. Good execution. I prefer the first two to the negative version. I think I would crop #1 to cut off a bit of the top and get rid of the black space on the left. Since you don't have the full sweep showing in either picture, I think a little playing around with esthetic placement of the light design in the frame might make the photos even more pleasing to the eye. Looking at ## 1 and 2 I find myself wanting to see what didn't make it into the frame. I think that a little more balance might solve that.

Virginia

Email
  • oldbmwoldbmw Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited April 26, 2006
    Nice. Is it some kind of light on a rope or baton or something? Performing arts? I like it, but agree with the crop suggestions. I want to see the whole thing.
    Chris Jennings
    chrisjennings.smugmug.com

Use coupon 6bPSMkMYrhpVE to save $5.00 on a new smugmug account
  • twinbnjtwinbnj Registered Users Posts: 271 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2006
    very nice! Will agree with the crop suggestions.
  • MarkSBMarkSB Registered Users Posts: 96 Big grins
    edited April 26, 2006
    #1 is fine. I like it.:D
  • DeaconDeacon Registered Users Posts: 239 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2006
    Thanks
    Thanks all for the comments. Will reshoot tonight and try to pay attention to them. For those of you wondering, I tied a led flashlight to fishing line suspended from a light fixture. The exposures varied from 10 seconds to 30 seconds @ f.22, The longer exposures tended to overfill the frame and get blurry. Also played around with a blue and white light taped together. The idea came from those desk top pendulums (sp?) that draws patterns in the sand.

Each one is totally random depending on how the flashlight swings so it is trial and error and trial again!

Deacon

66466919-L-1.jpg