NASCAR at Texas Motor Speedway

UncleJakeUncleJake Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
edited April 28, 2006 in Sports
The posts from the Superbike races at Barber inspired me to throw my hat in the ring and post a few of my own racing pics from the April 8-9th NASCAR races at Texas Motor Speedway. (Nice shots from all three of you BTW, HM, Daddio, and mac.)

Now, at NASCAR races you have to have a photo pass to get anywhere near the fence, and I only had a cooler full of beer, so these were shot while jockying for position with 200,000 other rednecks in the stands.

I haven't even gone through all of my shots from that weekend yet, so I only have a few to post right now. It was my first weekend with my new 30D and a 24-105L. And my first real attempt at serious "photography" in more than a few years, so be gentle... :wink

The number one thing I learned was that it's difficult to pan with a car moving at 200mph, but I love the 5fps of the 30D.:D

64147948-L.jpg

64147949-L.jpg

64147943-L.jpg

64147946-L.jpg

Thanks for looking
-UJ
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it."
Ferris Buller

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin

Comments

• SportsShotsSportsShots Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited April 26, 2006
    Thanks for sharing. Color seems to be sharp and vivid. You are right though, without credentials, your choices of shooting position and angle is limited. From what you posted, there are a couple of nice pics. I really like the the 3rd one the best. I would crop the bottom third of the image though.

Great job !!!
    Sports Action Photography
    www.sidelinepictures.com
  • mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2006
    I really like the the 3rd one the best.
    Ditto for me as well, very nice shot. I usually find oval racing boring, boring, boring, but I liked your shots. thumb.gif
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • UncleJakeUncleJake Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited April 27, 2006
    Thanks for the comments guys. To be honest, NASCAR isn't at the top of my list either, but it's a good excuse for a road trip.

If I find any more good shots from that weekend I'll post 'em...

-UJ
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it."
    Ferris Buller

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin
  • HarveyMushmanHarveyMushman Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2006
    Yep, I like the Little E shot best too. Nitpic: Maybe bump up the color saturation a bit, make the red jump out a little more. Good panning job. thumb.gif

One of these years I'll make it down to Martinsville.
    Tim
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2006
    Me too, the little E shot has great action, the lines are really powerful.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • UncleJakeUncleJake Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited April 28, 2006
    Thanks guys, I’ll have to work on Jr. a little bit. The only processing on that one was some compositional cropping. I’ll see what I can get.

-UJ
    Ferris Buller

Benjamin Franklin