A couple of months in...

JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
edited April 29, 2006 in Sports
I switched to SmugMug this year, and have been back at the track for about a month, and sales have been great. The ease in ordering, selection, and pricing, I'm sure have all contributed to a better start than last year...which was also good!:clap

66484197-M.jpg

This is a shot from last weekend its the 7-9 year old 65CC class. These little guys can ride!

Thanks for stopping by!:D
Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D

Comments

• TristanPTristanP Registered Users Posts: 1,107 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2006
    Nice shot. thumb.gif
    panekfamily.smugmug.com (personal)
    tristansphotography.com (motorsports)

Canon 20D | 10-22 | 17-85 IS | 50/1.4 | 70-300 IS | 100/2.8 macro
    Sony F717 | Hoya R72
  • xtnomadxtnomad Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2006
    Nice Shot
    thumb.gif
    I have a question. Do you sell more prints of the little guys or to other classes? I have started to take some pics. at the local tracks around me and my work is starting to be know to the bigger guys but have only been asked for one print from them. There are other factors involved in selling, just would like your opion. I plan to work into this a little slowly as there is a photographer all ready working the tracks. Thank you. Rod
    xtnomad :wink
  • JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2006
    TristanP wrote:
    Nice shot. thumb.gif

Thanks!
    edited April 28, 2006
    xtnomad wrote:
    thumb.gif
    I have a question. Do you sell more prints of the little guys or to other classes? I have started to take some pics. at the local tracks around me and my work is starting to be know to the bigger guys but have only been asked for one print from them. There are other factors involved in selling, just would like your opion. I plan to work into this a little slowly as there is a photographer all ready working the tracks. Thank you. Rod

I actually sell just as many to the adult riders, which I didn't really expect. One thing I have found is that many adults will wait for the season to near it's end, then order a few big prints of the best shots, while parents will tend to buy a bunch of 4x6's at a time, and then maybe some bigger prints as the season nears it's end. Posters seem to sell more near season end, or even at Christmas time.

If you are going to shoot the races, try writing a story and submitting it to Cycle News online, they will pay you, which helps off set some cost. If you are submitting stories you may, if you haven't already, beable to get the track owner to waive the entrance fee, to reduce your overhead. I currently submit to two magazines (Cycle USA and Cycle News).

Another avenue for your pics are for MX trailers. I have one trailer out there now with one of my shots, and my logo.
  • xtnomadxtnomad Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2006
    Thank You This Info Helps A Lot
    I have 2 MX tracks and 1 road race track with in 20 miles of me, The Pro I mentioned before lives about 60 miles away. I am hoping with gas prices I might get the invite from the owners ( 2 who have noticed my work) will give me the invite if he starts to not to show up.

Trying to do my home work right now and have received more feed back here in one week than a month at another site. Thank You. Rodclap.gif
    xtnomad :wink
    edited April 29, 2006
    xtnomad wrote:
    I have 2 MX tracks and 1 road race track with in 20 miles of me, The Pro I mentioned before lives about 60 miles away. I am hoping with gas prices I might get the invite from the owners ( 2 who have noticed my work) will give me the invite if he starts to not to show up.

Trying to do my home work right now and have received more feed back here in one week than a month at another site. Thank You. Rodclap.gif

ANYTIME! I'M NOT ALWAYS THE ONLY PHOTOGRAPHER, BUT I AM THE ONLY ONE THAT HAS THE STORY GIG ARRANGED WITH THE EDITORS. GET THAT, TELL THE TRACK OWNER, HE CAN'T AFFORD TO NOT HAVE YOU THERE!

GOOD LUCK!!