why cant i stay logged in ?

gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
edited February 20, 2004 in Dgrin Forum Support
I tick the window to keep me logged but everything i do req me to log on...any ideas ?

Comments

• wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2004
    Others have had trouble getting in at all. Maybe there's a connection? ne_nau.gif Baldy said he was going to upgrade the software. Maybe that will fix it.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Others have had trouble getting in at all. Maybe there's a connection? ne_nau.gif Baldy said he was going to upgrade the software. Maybe that will fix it.
    I have to relog to post a pic from 'Manage Attachments' or to re-enter the site. I cant send a PM either.
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,694 moderator
    edited January 31, 2004
    Humungus wrote:
    I tick the window to keep me logged but everything i do req me to log on...any ideas ?
    Welcome to the club - I have pm'd baldy about this several times and have just about given up. Logging out and rebooting your computer seems to fix it - It is also contagious to thge advrider site, which I never previously had this experience with. Try rebooting - it seems to help - just don't ask me why. Hah!
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • ShakeyShakey Registered Users Posts: 1,004 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2004
    Are you trying to relog from a bookmark? I have had this happen before from bookmarks that were taken ,then some site mods were done and I constantly had to relog and cookies never worked so all topics showed up as unread.

Try retyping in dgrin.com and login starting anew. Or dump cookies and temp internet files and start from scratch. But of course all you better remember all of your PW's for all your forums that you are in before doing this.

It's worked for me before so... who knows?

Good luck
    edited January 31, 2004
    You champion shakey....i right clicked & made another desktop icon & it works fine. I owe you a cold one.
    edited January 31, 2004
    I am having one right now consider debt paid :-).

Cheers
  • fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2004
    Shakey wrote:
    I am having one right now consider debt paid :-).

Cheers

ooo. might this be the first PUI session on dgrin? (damn, where's that naughty.gif smilie, baldy? )
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
    edited January 31, 2004
    fish wrote:
    ooo. might this be the first PUI session on dgrin? (damn, where's that naughty.gif smilie, baldy? )
    Sorry baitfish....im already on sat arvo here. I cant really remember last night...woke up in a carpark wearing heels with a dollar in my hand.
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,904 moderator
    edited January 31, 2004
    Humungus wrote:
    Sorry baitfish....im already on sat arvo here. I cant really remember last night...woke up in a carpark wearing heels with a dollar in my hand.
    Was it as good for you?
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
    edited January 31, 2004
    So now i can get on & off the site without having to re-log on but i still cant PM at all & if i want to post a photo im told to log on when im already logged on.
    edited January 31, 2004
    ian408 wrote:
    Was it as good for you?

were they your heels?
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
    edited January 31, 2004
    Its a worry i tell you...i got size 15 feet. You do sleep mate dont you ?
  • NogginNoggin Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited January 31, 2004
    Humungus wrote:
    Hey this is a photography forum!

Where are the photos??
    edited January 31, 2004
    Noggin wrote:
    Where are the photos??
    1089000-M-1.jpg
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2004
    Did you take that shot? FLIPA.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
    edited January 31, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Did you take that shot? FLIPA.gif
    Yes. FLIPA.gif

http://coyfish.smugmug.com/photos/1089000-M-1.jpg
  • BuddyBuddy Registered Users Posts: 86 Big grins
    edited February 3, 2004
    ne_nau.gif

got the same problem here. ditigalgrin.com isn't remembering me. I dumped all cookies and off line files. still no go. sometimes it'll ask for the sign-in twice. once when entering and again to post.
    edited February 3, 2004
    hmm try pressing Control (on keyboard) and refresh at same time when you are logged into in Dgrin I bet its a cache issue.

Tim
  • cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2004
    Shakey wrote:
    hmm try pressing Control (on keyboard) and refresh at same time when you are logged into in Dgrin I bet its a cache issue.

Tim
    Don't you mean shift/refresh ?
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph
  • patch29patch29 Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,928 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2004
    fish wrote:
    1089000-M-1.jpg

headscratch.gif

1325896-M.jpg
    umph.gifumph.gifumph.gifumph.gifumph.gifumph.gifumph.gifumph.gifumph.gifumph.gifumph.gifumph.gifumph.gifumph.gifumph.gifumph.gif
    edited February 3, 2004
    Having trouble doing the Quote thing yall do but CMR164 said "Don't you mean shift/refresh ?"

Nope I mean Control/refresh. I used it the other day when for some strange reason my update to web site would not register. A quick trip to the FAQ of my ISP and viola the control refresh trick worked. ne_nau.gif Worked for me.

Cheers
    Tim
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,694 moderator
    edited February 3, 2004
    fish wrote:
    1089000-M-1.jpg
    Great Picture Fish - but I might like it better if you toned down the white spot in the upper left corner or cloned in the vegetation to fill it in or cropped the top a little lower - ya think?

Pathfinder
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
    edited February 4, 2004
    Buddy wrote:
    ne_nau.gif

got the same problem here. ditigalgrin.com isn't remembering me. I dumped all cookies and off line files. still no go. sometimes it'll ask for the sign-in twice. once when entering and again to post.
    Still no cookies for me either. Enabled & waiting.
  • patch29patch29 Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,928 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2004
    Buddy wrote:
    ne_nau.gif

Are you using digitalgrin.com only? If so try dgrin.com. I have no idea if it will work, but it might be worth a shot. ne_nau.gif
    edited February 4, 2004
    pathfinder wrote:
    Great Picture Fish - but I might like it better if you toned down the white spot in the upper left corner or cloned in the vegetation to fill it in or cropped the top a little lower - ya think?

Pathfinder

Something like this?

2267778-M.jpg
  • BuddyBuddy Registered Users Posts: 86 Big grins
    edited February 14, 2004
    here's my fix

digitalgrin.com wouldn't hold the settings.

dgrin.com does
    edited February 20, 2004
    Buddy wrote:
    here's my fix

digitalgrin.com wouldn't hold the settings.

dgrin.com does
    Thanks Buddy...that has fixed it