AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited January 1, 2005 in Landscapes
10242050-L.jpg

10164940-L.jpg

Comments

• lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2004
    andy wrote:
    Very cool.. I always look forward to your street shots Andy.. clap.gifclap.gif
  • digismiledigismile Registered Users Posts: 955 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2004
    Nice shots as always :D . But who took this one? That's you, isn't it?

10242050-S.jpg
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2004
    hah!
    digismile wrote:
    Nice shots as always :D . But who took this one? That's you, isn't it?

10242050-S.jpg

this isn't me, i took the shot lol3.gif it's just a guy who was walking by and said "take my pitcha!"
  • dugmardugmar Registered Users Posts: 756 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2004
    andy wrote:
    this isn't me, i took the shot lol3.gif it's just a guy who was walking by and said "take my pitcha!"
    He could pass for Rodney Dangerfield's son.
    edited October 24, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    Very cool.. I always look forward to your street shots Andy.. clap.gifclap.gif

thank you, lynne! nod.gif
  • cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2004
    andy wrote:
    Your town (NYC) is like that :D It is how I got the following:

IH9T3491.jpg

and

IH9T3492.jpg
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph
  • tmlphototmlphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,444 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2004
    cmr164 wrote:
    Interesting character, he is.
    Thomas :D

TML Photography
    tmlphoto.com
  • ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2004
    IH9T3491.jpg

What a fine shot! Great composition. Perfect exposure and focus. Wonderful expression. Interesting character.
    If not now, when?
    edited October 29, 2004
    agree. nice work, charles
    rutt wrote:
    IH9T3491.jpg

What a fine shot! Great composition. Perfect exposure and focus. Wonderful expression. Interesting character.

i like this guy.
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2004
    I wanna play. New Haven, near the Yale campus. Food vendors appear at around dinner time, they get a bit of an early rush.

10543586-L.jpg
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2004
    andy wrote:
    i like this guy.
    You probably have a chance to see him. He seems to like cameras. Thanks for the kind words.
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph
  • obelixobelix Registered Users Posts: 165 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2004
    andy wrote:
    10164940-L.jpg

Andy

Nice pics, but did you get away with that picture? I hear that cops in New York are getting very paranoid with photographers!
    edited November 10, 2004
    obelix, re the cop
    obelix wrote:
    Andy

Nice pics, but did you get away with that picture? I hear that cops in New York are getting very paranoid with photographers!

it's not just new york :D cops everywhere are twitchy these days. i'm pretty fast, this was a grab and go shot, i was very close to the cops and was essentially aiming down the street, but used my focus points to focus on the sidearm.

thanks for looking and commenting!
  • PerezDesignGroupPerezDesignGroup Registered Users Posts: 395 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2004
    Andy, your pic of the police officer came out phenomenal. I especially like the way the pedestrian's leg is blurred. It really tells a hell of a story. The fact there are no faces only strengthens the overall composition.

Maybe you should print and hang this for free in a local police station along with your website. You might get a few phone calls or even assignments from it.

Just a thought. Always marketing in my head mwink.gif
    Canon Digital Rebel | Canon EOS 35mm | Yashica Electro GSN | Fed5B | Holga 35 MF

• snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2004
    Thanks for the insight, Rutt
    cmr164 wrote:

IH9T3491.jpg

and
    This is why I love dGrin!! These seem like casual shots, but our great photographers are always looking with a keen eye. Rutt, you pointed out *what* made this a good shot. The shot just jumped out at me and I felt it had something special. (great work Charles) But, your comments clinched it. Now I know why and I can add that to my store of knowledge. I don't shoot many people or street shots. When I do, I don't seem to get anything good. I'm working into it slowly. My "alone-together" shot was different because I had plenty of time to compose it as the people were just sitting there. The tough part about street photography is doing it quickly. Andy makes it look easy, but it definitely is not.

Andy, I love the cop shot. The composition is great and it's so nice and sharp. Really makes that gun stand out.

Thank you, Andy and Charles, for sharing. And, thank you, Rutt, for contributing. Kudos to all of you for being great photographers.clap.gifclapclap.gif

10164940-L.jpg
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2004
    andy wrote:
    i like this guy.

Me too Andy.He reminds me of my oldest son with his expression. Goofing up and making it interesting. I go to Belgium in december, and will use my son as model too. This tread inspired me...
    Love the streetshots. They are so alive...
    I had to look twice too for the first man Andy. I was thinking too is it him or not. Laughing.gif
    Thanks for sharing those
    edited December 8, 2004
    snapapple wrote:
    This is why I love dGrin!! These seem like casual shots, but our great photographers are always looking with a keen eye. Rutt, you pointed out *what* made this a good shot. The shot just jumped out at me and I felt it had something special. (great work Charles) But, your comments clinched it. Now I know why and I can add that to my store of knowledge. I don't shoot many people or street shots. When I do, I don't seem to get anything good. I'm working into it slowly. My "alone-together" shot was different because I had plenty of time to compose it as the people were just sitting there. The tough part about street photography is doing it quickly. Andy makes it look easy, but it definitely is not.

Andy, I love the cop shot. The composition is great and it's so nice and sharp. Really makes that gun stand out.

Thank you, Andy and Charles, for sharing. And, thank you, Rutt, for contributing. Kudos to all of you for being great photographers.clap.gifclapclap.gif

10164940-S.jpg

thansk so much, snappy, for the kind words and thoughtful comments. i really appreciate them very much. iloveyou.gif
    edited December 8, 2004
    photocat wrote:
    Me too Andy.He reminds me of my oldest son with his expression. Goofing up and making it interesting. I go to Belgium in december, and will use my son as model too. This tread inspired me...
    Love the streetshots. They are so alive...
    I had to look twice too for the first man Andy. I was thinking too is it him or not. Laughing.gif
    Thanks for sharing those

thank you photocat :D
    edited December 8, 2004
    sid
    wxwax wrote:
    I wanna play. New Haven, near the Yale campus. Food vendors appear at around dinner time, they get a bit of an early rush.

10543586-S.jpg

very nice! super post work.
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2004
    Hey, a blast from the past! Thanks, Andy.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Phil U.Phil U. Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Hey, a blast from the past! Thanks, Andy.

I agree. I had actually missed this thread before. Fun shots!
    edited January 1, 2005
    thanks phil and sid :D

i really enjoy shooting street.