Options

10d Err 99

webwizardwebwizard Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
edited November 5, 2004 in Cameras
Went out to shoot this AM. Put on my Sigma 2.8 15mm lens, which I have used before. Err 99!

Switched to Canon lenses, switched CF card; formatted card; replaced battery, tried with no lens - Err 99

It still writes the image to the card but I have to restart the camera evey time.
Camera is only 3 months old has Firmware 2.01

Am I fried?????:dunno

Comments

• Options
    GramperGramper Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited October 23, 2004
    You're fried
    webwizard wrote:
    Went out to shoot this AM. Put on my Sigma 2.8 15mm lens, which I have used before. Err 99!

Switched to Canon lenses, switched CF card; formatted card; replaced battery, tried with no lens - Err 99

It still writes the image to the card but I have to restart the camera evey time.

Am I fried?????ne_nau.gif

I had a sigma lens which did the same thing when I got my 10D. It would work once or twice, and then the dreaded Err99. I finally sold the lens and bought a replacement. Canon technical support confirmed the problem.

btw: other (newer) sigma lenses and a new tamron replacement have worked very well.
  • Options
    cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2004
    webwizard wrote:

Does the 10D have a watch type backup battery? If so, pull the main battery and the watch battery, turn the switch to on to let capacitance drain and wait 10 minutes (or 20) before reinserting the batteries. That will let the camera do a hard reset and might help. While the batteries are out clean the contacts in the lens mount and on all your lenses.
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph
  • Options
    edited October 23, 2004
    Thanks for the idea. Just tried that too. No luck. Even reloaded the firmware. I guess its off to the shop.
    cmr164 wrote:
    Does the 10D have a watch type backup battery? If so, pull the main battery and the watch battery, turn the switch to on to let capacitance drain and wait 10 minutes (or 20) before reinserting the batteries. That will let the camera do a hard reset and might help. While the batteries are out clean the contacts in the lens mount and on all your lenses.
  • Options
    ShebaJoShebaJo Registered Users Posts: 179 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2004
    webwizard wrote:

Hi, You might check the info at Steve's ... maybe it will help
    Sheila

@Steve's
    http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=25322&forum_id=37
  • Options
    edited November 1, 2004
    Finally gave up
    Finally gave up and shipped the camera to Canon for warranty repair. I'm cameraless but I do have a 20d on order.
    ShebaJo wrote:
    Hi, You might check the info at Steve's ... maybe it will help
    Sheila

@Steve's
    http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=25322&forum_id=37
  • Options
    edited November 5, 2004
    webwizard wrote:
    Finally gave up and shipped the camera to Canon for warranty repair. I'm cameraless but I do have a 20d on order.
    Oooh! Oooh! My 20d showed up today! We'll be busy tomorrow!clap.gif