smugMaps in Europe

rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
edited May 10, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Google updated google maps and integrated detailed map material for France, Germany, Spain and Italy! Looks like you guys at SM need to update the API implementation to integrate the new map data.

Hoorrray - now my geotagging can be fully appreciated! :D

Thanks,
Sebastian
Sebastian
SmugMug Support Hero

Comments

• rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2006
    As Smugmaps still doesn't display European special characters (like German Umlauts 'ä,ö,ü,ß') correctly does anyone know if this is perhaps solved with the new google maps API?
    What I definately know: Leipzig looks so much better with the new API (try zooming in on the 'old view of Leipzig') and it got street data and mini map, too! thumb.gif

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2006
    Google updated google maps and integrated detailed map material for France, Germany, Spain and Italy! Looks like you guys at SM need to update the API implementation to integrate the new map data.

Hoorrray - now my geotagging can be fully appreciated! :D

Thanks,
    Sebastian

thumb.gif thanks Sebastian naughty.gif
    edited May 9, 2006
    THANKS for implementing the new API!! Now I finally see all the little position errors in my tagged photos. mwink.gif

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • armaniarmani Registered Users Posts: 119 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2006
    Hello,

I have a question about the maps.
    If i have a complete gallery with all pics at the same location, is there a way to add the address to the whole gallery or do i need to do it pic by pic?
    Feel free to use my referral code RexaramzeghMy and save 5$ on your smugmug subscription. You can also use this link: http://www.smugmug.com/?referrer=RexaramzeghMy

My SmugMug: desmurfjes.smugmug.com
    My website: http://www.DigiDiDi.com/

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2006
    armani wrote:
    Hello,

If i have a complete gallery with all pics at the same location, is there a way to add the address to the whole gallery or do i need to do it pic by pic?
    Photo by photo.
  • onethumbonethumb Administrators Posts: 1,269 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2006
    armani wrote:
    Hello,

This is on our todo list, but we haven't done it yet.

Sorry!

Don
    edited May 9, 2006
    Ah it's great viewing my last years tour photos to Bamberg on the new and finally detailed map! clap.gif Brings back all the memories of the tour and also provides a completely new view on it. thumb.gif

Just wondering why I can't drag the map in FF...anyone else getting this? Works fine in IE6. Also the timeline function doesn't appear to work in both browsers - always gets stuck on the first picture. ne_nau.gif

Thanks,
    Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited May 10, 2006
    I'm able to drag the map in FF but I'm seeing the problem with timeline. I'll mention it to Onethumb.
    edited May 10, 2006
    Baldy wrote:
    I'm able to drag the map in FF but I'm seeing the problem with timeline. I'll mention it to Onethumb.
    Seems like it was a local problem or a short glitch - I can drag the map in FF now.

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero