Targa Update

TassieDTassieD Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
edited April 27, 2006 in Sports
Had a quiet day in the office so I decided to take off early and get started early on capturing these guys competing in the state.

Currently first place "Gentleman" Jim Richards (& time Targa winner)
66528864-M.jpg

An Aussie Racing Legend Peter Brock
66528865-M.jpg

This guy has brought his creation down from Queensland, sure does get up and party.
66528866-M.jpg

Adam Spence from Team Vodafone
66528868-M.jpg

As some of you would remember from a previous post this guy has what looked like an expensive problem during the media shakedown. It was good to see that he managed to get it fixed and is back in the competition.
66528870-M.jpg

Thanks for stopping by, I will be covering a couple more stages tomorrow and over the weekend, will post another update later.
Cheers
David Clifford

Comments

• DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited April 27, 2006
    cool cars - i can tell by the light you must have gotten up real early!

for us ignorant 'mericans, care to give a bit of background/history on this race? I admit I've actually never heard of it. Seems a bit like a Mille Miglia style rally?
    ear.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• TassieDTassieD Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2006
    DoctorIt wrote:
    cool cars - i can tell by the light you must have gotten up real early!

for us ignorant 'mericans, care to give a bit of background/history on this race? I admit I've actually never heard of it. Seems a bit like a Mille Miglia style rally?
    ear.gif

Hi there Eric,

Thanks for the comments, these were taken in the late afternoon and the sun had dissappeared behind the hill. Am hoping for better results tomorrow.

The event is touted as being the ultimate in Tarmac rallies, takes in over 2000km's in five days. The web site is www.targa.org.au if anybody wants to know a bit more.

This year there are over 250 competitors from Australia and overseas.
    Cheers
    David Clifford
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited April 27, 2006
    TassieD wrote:
    Hi there Eric,

Thanks for the comments, these were taken in the late afternoon and the sun had dissappeared behind the hill. Am hoping for better results tomorrow.

The event is touted as being the ultimate in Tarmac rallies, takes in over 2000km's in five days. The web site is www.targa.org.au if anybody wants to know a bit more.

This year there are over 250 competitors from Australia and overseas.
    Very, very cool stuff. A lot of shots of cars on 3, 2 or even NO wheels! :Dthumb.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• SportsShotsSportsShots Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited April 27, 2006
    Sweet cars....
    Sports Action Photography
    www.sidelinepictures.com