Public transit bus. Cha63?

nalvareznalvarez Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
edited April 30, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
Thinking of entering this. Took it last night at a shutter speed of 2 seconds.

http://naz.smugmug.com/photos/newexif.mg?ImageID=66502241

Comments

• photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2006
    nalvarez wrote:
    Thinking of entering this. Took it last night at a shutter speed of 2 seconds.

Nice shot, I would consider it a winner if you straighten the top of the building a little bit more to the right... Love the stars and your light trails...
  • ErikAllasErikAllas Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited April 27, 2006
    I like this shot. I would have gone longer than 2 seconds though. I would have dropped the aperature down to f22 and hung out the exposure for 20-30 seconds to get the blurr of all the traffic. Thats just a matter of my oppinion though.

Good job yo!
  • twinbnjtwinbnj Registered Users Posts: 271 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2006
    love the fact the only movement is the bus! everyting is still but that blur thumb.gif great shot
  • davevdavev Registered Users Posts: 3,118 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2006
    A very nice shot. I also like having something still in the shot to anchor it,
    but a enough blur to easily see the movement. Nice job.
    dave.

Basking in the shadows of yesterday's triumphs'.
  • nalvareznalvarez Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2006
    thanks for the feedback! I have very little practice with long exposures so its nice to see I'm not too far off the mark with this. Not sure I can straighten the building. I think it looks that way just beacause the angle I shot and cuz the building itself is of on a hill higher than me.
  • RedhedRedhed Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited April 28, 2006
    I saw this on the challenge entry thread and just HAD to comment. For not having much experience with long exposures, this looks GREAT! Wonderful colors and I also love how only the bus is blurred. Can't wait to see how this one does in the challenge! clap.gif
  • erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2006
    This is a very nice entry. I expect to see it in the finals! Good job. :D

Erich
  • mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2006
    good intersection to frame the building and moving traffic thumb.gif

However, I know its only a few days away until the deadline, but I think you can improve the shot by redoing it. Maybe try moving to a new position so that the left light post will be out of the building's view, and maybe using a smaller aperture (8,10,16?) in conjunction with a longer exposure (30sec or more with bulb setting?) to make the cars so that that you cant tell what is driving by.

But if you cant, its still an ideal shot for the challenge, but if you can, try to reshoot it. Removing the light posts in your frame of the building would def perfect it.
  • MarkSBMarkSB Registered Users Posts: 96 Big grins
    edited April 29, 2006
    Very good.
    Excellent Entry! Perfect as is. I like it overall, and in particular, the people standing on the corner makes it an engaging scene.
  • sayntbrigidsayntbrigid Registered Users Posts: 381 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2006
    I think its beautifull, the light stars came out PERFECT clap.gif
    True happiness is wanting what you have
    http://avatars.imvu.com/sayntbrigidii
  • CharbuCharbu Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
    edited April 30, 2006
    Wonderful scene. I love the star bursts on the lamp posts.