Options

Call For Photos: Be on the PhotoVu Frame Feed!

13»

Comments

• Options
    BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited May 29, 2006
    Not sure if you're still accepting, but ...
    Here are a few for your consideration, if you are :)

72138057-M.jpg72138098-M.jpg72138115-M.jpg72138125-M.jpg72138146-M.jpg72138164-M.jpg
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    ComfortComfort Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited June 16, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    • Free of added frames, borders, adornments, watermarks, signatures etc

Amazing selection of photos, everybody associated/selected with that collection should be really proud. clap.gif

I notice that two of the photos have a frame and signature/watermark.. Just thought I would point it out.. obviously an oversight...

Comfort
  • Options
    asdasd Registered Users Posts: 115 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2006
    Here are a few...
    Very nice frames.
    58272350-L-3.jpg

58272707-L.jpg

56983760-L.jpg
  • Options
    TomaSTomaS Registered Users Posts: 314 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2006
    Status?
    I just was pointed to this thread after asking a question about digital frames. But there has not been activity here for some time.

Just wondering:

Are you still looking for images?
    Did the SM discount happen?
    Can the RSS network feed point to any SM gallery?

Thanks,
  • Options
    DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2006
    Did I miss this too?
    Still looking for photos?
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2006
    TomaS wrote:
    Can the RSS network feed point to any SM gallery?

Sure!
  • Options
    jchinjchin Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2007
    Any deal on getting SmugMug members a discount on those expensive digital frames?
    Johnny J. Chin ~ J. Chin Photography
    FacebookFlickrSmugMug
    SmugMug referral coupon code: ix3uDyfBU6xXs
    (use this for a discount off your SmugMug subscription)
  • Options
    edited January 6, 2007
    jchin wrote:
    Any deal on getting SmugMug members a discount on those expensive digital frames?
    Should be. Write them, and tell them you came via SmugMug. See what they say. We don't have any official code or anything, AFAIK
  • Options
    flyingdutchieflyingdutchie Registered Users Posts: 1,286 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Should be. Write them, and tell them you came via SmugMug. See what they say. We don't have any official code or anything, AFAIK

Hi Andy,

Happy New Year! :)

Any update to which pictures have been (are being) used for PhotoVu? Which gallery/galleries does the RSS feed point to?

-- Anton
    I can't grasp the notion of time.

When I hear the earth will melt into the sun,
    in two billion years,
    all I can think is:
        "Will that be on a Monday?"
    ==========================
    http://www.streetsofboston.com
    http://blog.antonspaans.com
  • Options
    tleetlee Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2007
    I'm interested in sharing. Are you still taking images?

T :D

www.studioTphotos.com

"Each day comes bearing its own gifts. Untie the ribbons."
    ----Ruth Ann Schubacker
  • Options
    SitterSSitterS Registered Users Posts: 586 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2007
    I am interested as well if pics are still being accepted

Shane
    www.imagesbyshane.smugmug.com

Blogs:
    www.imagesbyshane.blogspot.com

Canon 20d and 40d
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 85mm 1.8
    Canon 70-200L IS 2.8
  • Options
    edited January 8, 2007
    Hi Andy,

Happy New Year! :)

Any update to which pictures have been (are being) used for PhotoVu? Which gallery/galleries does the RSS feed point to?

-- Anton
    http://dgrin.smugmug.com/hack/feed.mg?Type=gallery&Data=1434047&format=rss200
  • Options
    edited January 8, 2007
    SitterS wrote:
    I am interested as well if pics are still being accepted

Shane
    Sure :D
  • Options
    BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    • Photographer's credit - you'll have a credit, in the gallery, photo caption, with a link back to your website
    Did this part not happen?

I just browsed through all of the photos in the PhotoVu gallery, and don't see proper credit or a link to the photographer's site. headscratch.gif
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug
  • Options
    TomaSTomaS Registered Users Posts: 314 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2007
    Not sure why people are so excited about putting photos in the PhotoVu gallery. My understandig is that the gallerey MAY BE the default feed. [Can anyone confirm that?] If I bought one of these things, the first thing I would do is point the feed to one of MY galleries. :D

Do people spend $800 or $1000 to look at whatever PhotoVu tells them to?
    headscratch.gif
    BeachBill wrote:
    Did this part not happen?

I just browsed through all of the photos in the PhotoVu gallery, and don't see proper credit or a link to the photographer's site. headscratch.gif
  • Options
    caseservecaseserve Registered Users Posts: 269 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2007
    how to configure feed?
    If i were to purchase one of the PhotoVu's how do the feeds work? I would like to be able to point to a specific gallery on my smugmug site?

Thanks
  • Options
    edited January 13, 2007
    caseserve wrote:
    If i were to purchase one of the PhotoVu's how do the feeds work? I would like to be able to point to a specific gallery on my smugmug site?

Thanks
    it's all built-in to the photo vu software, you just tell it the feed and voila...

http://www.smugmug.com/help/rss-atom-feeds
  • Options
    ttorres33ttorres33 Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited October 31, 2007
    gubbs wrote:
    58800908-L-1.jpg

59991725-L-2.jpg

48203847-L-1.jpg

59991122-L-1.jpg

48203477-L-1.jpg

32476595-L.jpg

Gubbs, your photos are stunning!
  • Options
    blurijblurij Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited August 15, 2009
    Current status of PhotoVu and SmugMug
    Hi,
    I'm a new member (pretty photo illiterate unfortunately but want to learn) and am wondering what the current status is of the PhotoVu and SmugMug relationship ? I noticed the comments stopped back in 2007 on this thread.

I'm probably going to be crazy enough to buy one of these PhotoVus, and am wondering if there is a discount by now, as you mentioned Andy?

Also, if anyone has a PhotoVu, I'd love to hear your comments on how it works and how you use it.

Might as well get one other question in here. What is the advantage (other than RSS feeds and SmugMug feeds and the nice frames) of a PhotoVu compared to a setup of your own using a hi res LCD monitor and mac mini or some multimedia harddrive to run your photo show? As I understand it, PhotoVu can grab iPhoto pictures from my MacBook but cannot run an iPhoto09 slideshow with themes and templates that I make on the Mac. I find that restriction a bit odd. I can live without the music and videos, but would like to have my slideshow productions displayed.

Thanks for any responses, and am glad to be a member here.

Andy wrote:
    wave.gif Hi Everyone,

We've recently hooked up with PhotoVu, who makes some of the new hotness in Digital Photo Frames - wireless, fully RSS-Feed integrated! They make custom-built frames, top quality, large, gorgeous photos. The photos on the wall are breathtaking in these frames. How cool is this, you can have your frame show Birds in the morning, landscapes at night. Or whatever! We love these frames, they really allow folks to get more enjoyment and more use out of their digital photos. Combined with SmugMug Feeds - Popular, Recent, etc, you've got constantly updated art on the walls thumb.gif

So, how can you get in on this? Well, in our discussions with PhotoVu, it became apparent that it'd be great to have a ready-to-go feed available for folks as soon as they hook up their new frame. The photographers of Dgrin to the rescue! We want to set up a a couple galleries on Dgrin's SmugMug Site that will be the source of these feeds that PhotoVu customers can have, right "out of the box."

So, here's what we're looking for, and the details:
    • Stunning landscapes - EYE CANDY
    • Animals - exotic, wild, fluffy & cute, too.
    • Flowers - macros, as well as those gorgeous tulip fields, too
    • Resolution - 1280 x 1024 minimum
    • Free of added frames, borders, adornments, watermarks, signatures etc
    • Rights - you're giving SmugMug the right to push these photos out via an RSS/ATOM feed to anyone who might subscribe to it
    • Photographer's credit - you'll have a credit, in the gallery, photo caption, with a link back to your website
    • PhotoVu customers will have a card, which will say on it "the gorgeous photos you are viewing come from the photographers of SmugMug and Dgrin - click here to see their work and find more.
    • Submit your entry here in this thread - embed a large (800px longest side) photo, we can get the larger size from you if your photo is chosen.
    We're really excited about this, and hope that you Dgrinners are, too!

All the best,

Andy

PS:
    Here's some more info on PhotoVu Frames.

And a recent Press Release.
  • Options
    edited August 15, 2009
    blurij wrote:
    I'm probably going to be crazy enough to buy one of these PhotoVus, and am wondering if there is a discount by now, as you mentioned Andy?
    I bet if you ask them ... :) I don't know of one that's official. Sorry!
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,919 moderator
    edited August 15, 2009
    One of the cool things about viewing on a frame is that you can leave your frame at work or with a relative and keep it stocked with fresh photos from just about anywhere. Awesome!
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    WachelWachel Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2009
    608292202_6HgAj-L.jpg

388567941_rUeVX-L-4.jpg
    Michael

<Insert some profound quote here to try and seem like a deep thinker>

Michael Wachel Photography

Facebook
  • Options
    blurijblurij Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited August 17, 2009
    Rules on displaying dgrin pictures
    Thanks Ian and Andy,
    What kind of membership on dgrin do I need to be able to access and display your photo galleries on a digital frame like PhotoVu? Would all your galleries be available to download or just certain ones? How do I find the photos or galleries that are available for general use?

Do you have a tutorial anywhere on this site that would explain how to download ( once one becomes a paying member) or transfer your galleries? You have some amazing pictures on here.

Thanks again

ian408 wrote:
    One of the cool things about viewing on a frame is that you can leave your frame at work or with a relative and keep it stocked with fresh photos from just about anywhere. Awesome!