Accessing Manufacturer specific EXIF data?

mpmcleodmpmcleod Registered Users Posts: 288 Major grins
edited May 2, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Is there a way to retreive (or enable viewing) the manufacturer specific information from the EXIF data in an image?

We shoot with Canon cameras. When I download a picture on my home system there is a lot more information than I can see here. Does SM process this? If so do you know where I can find it?

thanks,
-- Mike

smugmug nickname: mpmcleod
http://www.michaelmcleod.com/

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2006
    mpmcleod wrote:
    Is there a way to retreive (or enable viewing) the manufacturer specific information from the EXIF data in an image?

We shoot with Canon cameras. When I download a picture on my home system there is a lot more information than I can see here. Does SM process this? If so do you know where I can find it?

thanks,

The only fields are what's there now.. what are you looking for? ear.gif

Also, don't forget "critique view" for a different EXIF layout / view.
  • mpmcleodmpmcleod Registered Users Posts: 288 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    The only fields are what's there now.. what are you looking for?

Also, don't forget "critique view" for a different EXIF layout / view.

Specifically I was looking for "camera owner" (Canon maker tag 0009 Value), so I can know which Canon Digital Rebel shot the photo. We can have 2 or more at family events, all shooting the same scenes and pictures can get mixed together after the events. Each camera has different features and more importantly different operators. For example, ours (typically shot by my wife) has Canon lenses and only the built-in flash, my wife's mother's has Sigma lenses and an external flash.

I can get the data on my end automatically before I upload it but thought if SM could do it for me that would save a step.

thank for the info -
    -- Mike

smugmug nickname: mpmcleod
    http://www.michaelmcleod.com/
  • BigAlBigAl Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2006
    Iexif from Opanda may help you, but only the original you upload to SM retains the EXIF. The SM scaled down pics don't have EXIF.