No Targa Tasmania update today due

TassieDTassieD Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
edited April 29, 2006 in Sports
to early in the coverage this morning I had the misfortune to be in the wrong spot at the right time. I was standing on a corner of a hair pin covering the rally when one of the competitors left the road and collided with some spectators.

This unfolded about two meters (13 feet) in front of me. There are three that are in hospital ranging from head, spine and leg injuries.

So I am unable to post photos from todays cars nor the incident itself.

Will hopefully resume coverage again tomorrow afternoon. My prayers are with the injured, the drivers of the car and with anybody who witnessed the accident.
Cheers
David Clifford

Comments

• gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2006
    Man im glad your ok...just saw it on the news & a bloke with a camera was only feet away...maybe that was you. Also saw the fella running to get his young fella away from the scene.
  • TassieDTassieD Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2006
    Humungus wrote:
    Man im glad your ok...just saw it on the news & a bloke with a camera was only feet away...maybe that was you. Also saw the fella running to get his young fella away from the scene.

Hi there Gus,

If the guy with camera had a bright yellow vest on, that was me (I havn't seen the footage yet). I was going to offer the shots to the print media but took me 2 seconds of looking at the horror in peoples faces and they are not going anywhere (except the official inquiry that is being setup).

One of the worst parts was all the kids screaming and parents doing their best to get them away from it. I also feel for the drivers they were absolutly gutted by what had happened.
    Cheers
    David Clifford
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2006
    Yeah...just saw you on the news...even got a screen shot of you (a reeaalll bad phot btw...may not turn out at all)

Thats bad news alright. So glad you are safe...you were the 1st thing i thought of when i saw it at 5pm. I just hoped you were not on that corner.
  • TassieDTassieD Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2006
    Humungus wrote:
    Yeah...just saw you on the news...even got a screen shot of you (a reeaalll bad phot btw...may not turn out at all)

Thats bad news alright. So glad you are safe...you were the 1st thing i thought of when i saw it at 5pm. I just hoped you were not on that corner.

Thanks for the thoughts Gus, send the pic if you like via email
    Cheers
    David Clifford
  • luckydogluckydog Registered Users Posts: 396 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2006
    I saw it on the news too! Amazing nobody was killed!! Glad you're ok, but still too close for comfort for you. What struck me as strange was the time it took for the driver and co to get out of the car. They just seemed to sit there for ages.
    Seeing those types of things is never nice so I hope you aren't too shaken up by what you saw. Talking about it does help, trust me I know.
    http://darrylluckphotography.smugmug.com

40D
    18-55mm, 28-105mm USM II, 50mm f/1.8, 400mm f/5.6
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited April 29, 2006
    Glad to hear that you are all right and best wishes for those who were
    injured.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • §imone§imone Registered Users Posts: 105 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2006
    Hmmm you know me & my sixth sence Dave. Glad your OK. Damn frighting vision on the telly thats for sure
    Simone

Canon 350D
    Canon EFS 18-55mm kit lens
    Canon 75-300mm

Fuji FinePix S9500 9 Megapixels

Simone's Expressions - Yarn Over Hook

Sometimes we dont do things we want to do so that others will not know we want to do them. - Ivy Walker - The Village