Fire Ball. 4-28-06 No PS or extreme manipulation used. Photograph Details

MarkSBMarkSB Registered Users Posts: 96 Big grins
edited May 2, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
Does this work? It was the best of many shots late last night at the carnival.
Photograph Details

Comments

• mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2006
    I'm surprised you were able to keep it legible even after streaking the light for a second! Yeah that image will definitely work for the challenge.

If I was to do a slight photoshop manipulation however, I would sharpen the text up just a little and maybe even try desaturating the colors and streaks outside the red and yellow text so the viewer can focus a little more on the text rather than the areas around it. Like the white streak in the middle bottom of the photo, its really bright and it attracts my eye to it a lot.

Try that out and see how it goes. gl!
  • MarkSBMarkSB Registered Users Posts: 96 Big grins
    edited April 29, 2006
    Thanks, Mr Peas, my thoughts are similar. I will try it.
    Very perceptive re: the streak.
    A re-shoot is possible before deadline!:D
    edited April 29, 2006
    Walking The Labyrinth. 4-28-06
    A new possible entry. Comments and criticism, welcome. :D

Photograph Details
    edited April 29, 2006
    Its way too dark. You can barely notice any details. I say try again. thumb.gif
    edited April 29, 2006
    mr peas wrote:

Thanks, will do.
  • sayntbrigidsayntbrigid Registered Users Posts: 381 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2006
    I can see Mr Peas point, but in my view, some things are supposed to be dark.........I think it should be lightened "a little" but not much. the darkness is what creates the ghostly atmosphere here......I particularly Love this photo.

I experimented with it myself, and it will handle a great degree of lightening without loosing quality, so I would lighten it ever so slightly if it was mine. I by far prefer this photo the the glaring, non mood first post.

I really love the mood in this photo iloveyou.gifclap.gifthumb
    True happiness is wanting what you have
    http://avatars.imvu.com/sayntbrigidii
    edited April 30, 2006
    Fire Ball 4-28-06
    Fire Ball Corrected Photograph Details
  • smhs.imagessmhs.images Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2006
    MarkSB wrote:
    A new possible entry. Comments and criticism, welcome. :D

Photograph Details
    If you have photoshop cs2, give the shadow/highlights tool a try. If you lifted your shadows about 20 I think it would make a huge difference but still give you the same feeling... after you do that be sure to bump up the contrast.
    Shawna
    www.shawnaseto.com

Nobody gets in to see the wizard. Not nobody, not no how.

Join Smugmug get $5 bucks off!
  • CharbuCharbu Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
    edited April 30, 2006
    Really like your final entry Mark.
    edited May 1, 2006
    I can see Mr Peas point, but in my view, some things are supposed to be dark.........I think it should be lightened "a little" but not much. the darkness is what creates the ghostly atmosphere here.....
    wait what did i say about darkness? ne_nau.gifeek7.gifwink

I see you cropped out the areas around the photo though, it looks better!
  • sayntbrigidsayntbrigid Registered Users Posts: 381 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2006
    mr peas wrote:

This one Mr Peas.......dont you think the darkness adds a ghostly quality? I really liked this shot especially.......I think it has mood and is very thought provoking, and I think the windows are stunning......I think just a little lightening of the photo with picassa or something would have made this one a real jewel..........but I am just a beginner........It is just my feelings about the photo. :D

I just love this one......dunno why ....it has a feeling to it. ne_nau.gifheadscratch.gifclap.gif1drink.gif:): :photo
    True happiness is wanting what you have
    http://avatars.imvu.com/sayntbrigidii
    edited May 2, 2006
    This one Mr Peas.......dont you think the darkness adds a ghostly quality? I really liked this shot especially.......I think it has mood and is very thought provoking, and I think the windows are stunning......I think just a little lightening of the photo with picassa or something would have made this one a real jewel..........but I am just a beginner........It is just my feelings about the photo. :D

I just love this one......dunno why ....it has a feeling to it. ne_nau.gifheadscratch.gifclap.gif1drink.gif:): :photo
    ohh the second photo. lol i thought you were referring to the first one.

yeah it has potential, but in my opinion its just way too dark. maybe if he metered to get the lights to show a little more in the background (brighter) it would provide more attention to hold to the photograph. also, using a tripod will help a lot in making it sharper. but hey im a beginner too, this is just my 2 cents :):