Problem uploading, why?

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited October 24, 2004 in SmugMug Support
When I try to upload a large number of photos.......anything over about 12, there is "an error". I find out after waiting an hour for the whole thing to upload. I have a bunch of photos to upload now for someone in DC. I don't want to do it 10 or 12 at a time.

Is it a memory problem that I have? Would there be another reason?

I have windows, Internet Explorer, and cable. 256mb of memory, getting 500 more tomorrow.

ginger
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2004
    Hey Ginger, if you have a dial-up connection, it may be the problem. When I was on dialup, the darn thing simply wouldn't stay connected long enough for either big uploads or downloads.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • BenBen Vanilla Admin Posts: 513 SmugMug Employee
    edited October 24, 2004
    Connection problems are definitely possible. The uploads can get interrupted by hiccups caused by a flakey connection or even a flakey wireless network.

Surprisingly enough, AntiVirus software is the most common cause of getting your uploads interrupted though. Apparently the scanning manages to interrupt the connection just long enough for the upload to abort. I would try disabling it right before processing the upload.

Good luck!
    Smug since 2003