Bristol Thunder Valley Drag Racing

AlonerAloner Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
edited April 29, 2006 in Sports
I was able to go to the NHRA Thunder Valley drag racing this weekend. I was up in a box so the pictures arn't that great (wish there was some way they would allow a non-pro guy who's not working for anyone, track side :dunno). This is a crazy sport to shoot, load, fast, just plain insane! Kudos to all of you who can actually get good shots there! :thumb

anyways, here are a few of my favorites...

The Top Fuel class would go upwards of 300 mph and yesterday there was a crazy crash where the guys car folded in half and blew up! :uhoh Luckily he walked away from the crash un harmed, he was airlifted to the local hopital but just to be safe!

Comments

• AlonerAloner Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
    edited April 29, 2006
    These Funny Cars were fun to watch, just as fast as top fuel but in a small more car like body.
    edited April 29, 2006
    Pro stock was cool to watch, not as fast but looked like fun to drive :D
    edited April 29, 2006
    The nitro Harley's would pretty much run the entire race on only the back tire, pretty crazy
    edited April 29, 2006
    Alright, this will be my last picture for now (I'll stop boring you guys mwink.gif).

This was in what they call "Nitro Alley". It's where they take the cars after their race, break down, and rebuilt the entire engin in under an hour. This was one of the Top Fuel cars testing their engin after the rebuild, the fuel they use was so strong they had to wear gas masks while running it.