Login redirect

brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
edited May 1, 2006 in SmugMug Support
The login/ logout screen no longer re-directs back to the page I was viewing. I takes me to smugmug.com instead..... Why?

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2006
    The login/ logout screen no longer re-directs back to the page I was viewing. I takes me to smugmug.com instead..... Why?
    It's because of the function AddReferralCode you have in your javascript, it changes the link.
  • brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2006
    ivar wrote:
    It's because of the function AddReferralCode you have in your javascript, it changes the link.
    OK something has changed at SM then. This did not cause an issue until very recently. I've had that code in there for a LONG time....
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2006

Anthony,

You are NOT ALLOWED to hide the SmugMug minifooter. You've seen this discussion many times here on Dgrin. I've changed the color from black to white. You may want to center it. It's not up for discussion.
    edited April 30, 2006
    OK something has changed at SM then. This did not cause an issue until very recently. I've had that code in there for a LONG time....

Nothing has changed. It's due to where you are logging in/out from.

If you log in from www.smugmug.com for example, your URL will look like this:
    https://www.smugmug.com/login.mg?goTo=http://www.smugmug.com/

and on redirect, if you wait 10seconds, you'll go to www.smugmug.com

If you login from www.brandolinoimaging.com you will get this:
    https://www.smugmug.com/login.mg?goTo=http://www.brandolinoimaging.com/

and on redirect, if you wait 10seconds, you'll go to your homepage.
    edited April 30, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Anthony,

You are NOT ALLOWED to hide the SmugMug minifooter. You've seen this discussion many times here on Dgrin. I've changed the color from black to white. You may want to center it. It's not up for discussion.
    No problem...WE had the discussion actually. I switched it to black (from a different less visible color) and wrote you back. You never responded. So I figured black was visible enough...No prob. I go back to the brownish color I had previously.
    As for centering it....What type monitor are you using and browser? It looks centered on mine in IE and FF. I went around and around w/ Mike (I think) to get it centered.
    edited April 30, 2006
    Any thoughts on the re-direct issue? I'm also noticing that some other thing will not work...or is it just me...I can not remove the "Proof" label on this gallery...
    http://brandolinoimaging.smugmug.com/gallery/1349511
    Forget the "proof" issue. I must have a cookie or cache issue on FF. It's OK on IE.
    edited April 30, 2006
    Any thoughts on the re-direct issue?

It's not an issue - did you see my post just above?
    edited April 30, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Nothing has changed. It's due to where you are logging in/out from.

If you log in from www.smugmug.com for example, your URL will look like this:
    https://www.smugmug.com/login.mg?goTo=http://www.smugmug.com/

and on redirect, if you wait 10seconds, you'll go to www.smugmug.com

If you login from www.brandolinoimaging.com you will get this:
    https://www.smugmug.com/login.mg?goTo=http://www.brandolinoimaging.com/

and on redirect, if you wait 10seconds, you'll go to your homepage.

I'll have to try again, but I never log in from the SmugMug. Always in and out from my site.
    edited April 30, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    It's not an issue - did you see my post just above?
    We were writing at the same time I think. Can you check that gallery for me to see if the proof tag is on the pics? It is not there on the thumbs now but it is on the images when I click them to medium etc.
    How about that footer...Not center?
    edited April 30, 2006
    No problem...WE had the discussion actually. I switched it to black (from a different less visible color) and wrote you back. You never responded. So I figured black was visible enough...No prob. I go back to the brownish color I had previously.
    As for centering it....What type monitor are you using and browser? It looks centered on mine in IE and FF. I went around and around w/ Mike (I think) to get it centered.

Monitor has nothing to do with it. Browser? I use 9 browsers :) BTW, your navbar wraps in Firefox (not IE or Safari) , you might want to increase the width of your navbar by 4 pixels.
    edited April 30, 2006
    I'll have to try again, but I never log in from the SmugMug. Always in and out from my site.

Anthony, pay attention to the urls. That's all I can say. Nothing's changed.
    edited April 30, 2006
    Anthony - re FEEDS
    you're a smart guy. Built a nice website. Business is important to you. Why on earth would you hide one of the best ways to be found, ever? You hide your feeds? I don't understand that...
    edited April 30, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    you're a smart guy. Built a nice website. Business is important to you. Why on earth would you hide one of the best ways to be found, ever? You hide your feeds? I don't understand that...
    I'm not understanding what you mean by feeds?
    I'm also not seein that footer being off centered...
    Oh, thanks for fixing the color back to brown. Believe me when I say I meant so harm w/ the blck. I seriously thought you had seen it when we talked before and had no issue...
    edited April 30, 2006
    I'm not understanding what you mean by feeds?

http://www.smugmug.com/help/rss-atom-feeds
    edited April 30, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    That's what I thought you meant after I replied. I read the info you linked to, but I still don't see the usefulnessne_nau.gif....I gues I'll re-read later...
    edited April 30, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Monitor has nothing to do with it. Browser? I use 9 browsers :) BTW, your navbar wraps in Firefox (not IE or Safari) , you might want to increase the width of your navbar by 4 pixels.
    Andy what bgrowser were you using when you noticed my footer being off center and my nav. bar wrapping? I do not see it in FF or IE6...
    edited April 30, 2006
    Andy what bgrowser were you using when you noticed my footer being off center and my nav. bar wrapping? I do not see it in FF or IE6...

FF:
    edited May 1, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    FF:
    also in IE
    #cobrand_footer, #footer, #cobrand_footer, #feeds, #cobrand_footer, #themeCredit
    {text-decoration:none; font-size: 10px; [COLOR=Red]margin-left: 64px;[/COLOR] margin-top:1px; padding-top:0px;}

edited May 1, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    FF:

At what resolution are you viewing?
    edited May 1, 2006
    ivar wrote:
    also in IE
    #cobrand_footer, #footer, #cobrand_footer, #feeds, #cobrand_footer, #themeCredit
    {text-decoration:none; font-size: 10px; [COLOR=Red]margin-left: 64px;[/COLOR] margin-top:1px; padding-top:0px;}

Ivar, is that code my error? I've gotten help from so many places I lose track?
  • bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited May 1, 2006
    At what resolution are you viewing?
    you've got it's position fixed somehow so it's offcenter in anything other than 1024x768
    Pedal faster
    edited May 1, 2006
    bigwebguy wrote:
    you've got it's position fixed somehow so it's offcenter in anything other than 1024x768
    That's what I just figured out. Can you assist me in this?
    edited May 1, 2006
    bigwebguy wrote:
    I tried changing the line Ivar noted to have "text-align:center" but it seems to just move the footer the other direction "off-centered"...ne_nau.gif
    edited May 1, 2006
    I tried changing the line Ivar noted to have "text-align:center" but it seems to just move the footer the other direction "off-centered"...ne_nau.gif
    Just removing it, should work i think.
    edited May 1, 2006
    ivar wrote:
    Just removing it, should work i think.
    Thanks it seems to have worked. I check on lower res. screen setting and it's still centered...
    edited May 1, 2006
    Thanks it seems to have worked. I check on lower res. screen setting and it's still centered...
    Yeah looks good now, it is centered on my (1600 x 1200) screen aswell