Fun with dandelions

ForeheadForehead Registered Users Posts: 679 Major grins
edited April 30, 2006 in Holy Macro
This is just a tungsten and fluorescent shot of a dandelion gone to seed. The other three I'm posting I'll explain as I go, but I was trying to "rise to the challenge"--Challenge 63 (long-exposure shots). Though I don't think this subject has quite enough "pizazz" for a Challenge entry, I spent enough time that I wanted to do SOMETHING with them.
Steve-o

Comments

• ForeheadForehead Registered Users Posts: 679 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2006
    Fun with dandelions 2
    This shot was taken with 8 seconds exposure. During that time, I bounced a red laser off my hand (to spread the light out) for 2 seconds, and bounced a blue diode (NOT a laser--those blue lasers cost some BUCKS yet!) off my hand for four seconds.

No adjustment to the focus was done, but you'll see that different colors seem to have an efffect on clarity. Or is it just me?
    Steve-o
    edited April 30, 2006
    Fun with dandelions 3
    Here's another 8-second exposure. During that time, I bounced a red laser off my hand for 5 seconds after bouncing a green laser off my hand for 1 second.
    Steve-o
    edited April 30, 2006
    Fun with dandelions 4
    All these Dandelion shots were done last night, BTW.

This last one was another 8-second exposure. During that time, I bounced a green laser off my hand for 1 second, and bounced a blue diode off the same hand for 4 seconds. Though the focus wasn't adjusted after the first manual setting...

...is it just me, or does the teal-colored shot here look somehow clearer than the other two long-exposure shots?
    Steve-o
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2006
    I Prefer This Shot
    Forehead wrote:
    This is just a tungsten and fluorescent shot of a dandelion gone to seed. The other three I'm posting I'll explain as I go, but I was trying to "rise to the challenge"--Challenge 63 (long-exposure shots). Though I don't think this subject has quite enough "pizazz" for a Challenge entry, I spent enough time that I wanted to do SOMETHING with them.

Although the other 3 shots sort of look like fireworks displays they are dull in comparison to this shot ....... Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2006
    looks like a firework show
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery