edited April 30, 2006
    y
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2006
    edited April 30, 2006
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2006
    Don't know about CS2, but with CS(shooting raw of course), when I bring up that first raw file if I want it and all others to be 300dpi, I just change it at the bottom of ACR from 72 to 300 and it is done from then on.

However after reading all the guidelines put forth by Andy on Printing and so on and from the instructions give by my Local PRO LAB....I have changed evrything back to 72 dpi and keep all files at original size.

The only time I change mine to 300dpi is if I am using GF to up resize to really huge and want to be able to view that print really close (a foot or less) and have the same resolution as an 8 X 10 and those files are never loaded to Smugmug cause they are tooooooo big.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited April 30, 2006
    Humungus wrote:
    A while back Andy asked me why i dont save my photos to SmugMug as sRGB. I always thought i did.

So am i cool here ? All looks ok ?

66997993-M.jpg

Gus, that is your working space in Photoshop?

What space are you using in your 20D? The 20D can be set to either sRGB OR aRGB. If you shoot in aRGB in the 20D, you should get a dialogue box by Photoshop whether you want to keep the space the image is tagged with, or import it into sRGB.

When shooting RAW, you can set the color space the image enters into Photoshop in the dialogue box at the lower left of the ACR window.

Here is the ACR window, and in the lower right it says AdobeRGB - I have since changed that to sRGB. It also says Resolution of 240, but that can also be changed to the 300 you are wanting. I tend to import from ACR with a larger file than the original, rather than upsizing inside Photoshop itself.

12512720-L.jpg
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
    edited April 30, 2006
    edited April 30, 2006