Flickr comments?

ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
edited May 2, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I've gotten some gallery comments from "guest" recently suggesting that I'd get more views and comments on flickr. Is anyone else getting these?

I just wondered it this was part of a pattern.
If not now, when?

Comments

• DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2006
    Not me.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2006
    rutt wrote:
    I've gotten some gallery comments from "guest" recently suggesting that I'd get more views and comments on flickr. Is anyone else getting these?

I just wondered it this was part of a pattern.
    Flicr, ugh. Don't fall for it Rutt, they're probably just "seed-sowers" who work for Flickr. You'd be surprised! I've gotten comments from people at Fantastic Machine's "Paint Engine" software and also from people at Sigma4Less, both thanking me for using their services and recommending them on my site. I'm sure the "opposite" comments are there, too, trying to usurp instead of give thanks...

Personally I can't stand the interfaces of any site other than SmugMug and Pbase. And I can't live with Pbase's limited features nor their miniscule 300 MB limit, since I have many gigs of photos online and I consume gigs of bandwidth per month and sell hundreds of dollars worth of prints per year.

Zenfolio looks to be potent a "Smugmug clone", though. They offer about the equivalent of a SM basic and power account, and they'll soon offer their "pro" as well as printing services... They have immitated what SM has right down to the very last "T"... It will be interesting to see if SM can step things up and keep their fans... (Zenfolio, at first glance, appears to be blindingly fast. Uh-oh SmugMug!)

-Matt-
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited May 2, 2006
    Flicr, ugh. Don't fall for it Rutt, they're probably just "seed-sowers" who work for Flickr. You'd be surprised! I've gotten comments from people at Fantastic Machine's "Paint Engine" software and also from people at Sigma4Less, both thanking me for using their services and recommending them on my site. I'm sure the "opposite" comments are there, too, trying to usurp instead of give thanks...

Personally I can't stand the interfaces of any site other than SmugMug and Pbase. And I can't live with Pbase's limited features nor their miniscule 300 MB limit, since I have many gigs of photos online and I consume gigs of bandwidth per month and sell hundreds of dollars worth of prints per year.

Zenfolio looks to be potent a "Smugmug clone", though. They offer about the equivalent of a SM basic and power account, and they'll soon offer their "pro" as well as printing services... They have immitated what SM has right down to the very last "T"... It will be interesting to see if SM can step things up and keep their fans... (Zenfolio, at first glance, appears to be blindingly fast. Uh-oh SmugMug!)

-Matt-
    wow, that is pretty sweet. their browse/search page is just awesome and i love how they did their slideshow....competition is good thumb.gif
    Pedal faster