Water mark problem

brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
edited May 29, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Figured this needed a new thread since it's a diff probelm from the other issues Andy is currently helping me with.

I watermarked this gallery...

http://brandolinoimaging.smugmug.com/gallery/1349511

Now I do not want them water marked....but when I turn off the watermark it still shows up on the pics....Is the watermarking process something that takes time in the SM system? I seem to remember when I turned the WM on a message came up about it taking time...

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2006
    I just unwatermarked them for you, Anthony. I'm guessing you didn't click "select all" "remve" "watermark"
  • brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    I just unwatermarked them for you, Anthony. I'm guessing you didn't click "select all" "remve" "watermark"
    OK. I just went to the gallery cust. to do it. Now I see my mistake...Did I loose the zooms because of removing the WM.
    edited April 30, 2006
    OK. I just went to the gallery cust. to do it. Now I see my mistake...Did I loose the zooms because of removing the WM.
    No clue, post in the Bulk Zoom Thread on that.
    edited May 29, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    I know it's an old post. But I think I goofed again. I think bulk "unwatermarking" the pics in this gallery

http://brandolinoimaging.smugmug.com/gallery/1506024

some of which did not HAVE watermarks has sent the system into a tizzy...
    HELp Please. Or tell me how to fix it....Please...
    edited May 29, 2006
    What's the "tizzy" I don't see anything wrong. Please be VERY specific, thank you.
    edited May 29, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    What's the "tizzy" I don't see anything wrong. Please be VERY specific, thank you.
    OK. I moved these pics to a private gallery set since watermarking my galleries had caused my hover and slideshow pics to be watermarked too.
    After moving them I attempted to remove the watermark on the whole bunch. Forgetting that a few never had watermarks. The 1st in the gallery never had one. But this one

http://brandolinoimaging.smugmug.com/gallery/1506024/1/66807456/Medium

did.

Now I have been waiting hours for the water marks to be gone... It's just not happening...

Maybe I shouldn't have gone crazy watermarking them all. It would have saved you and me this problem.

By the way...watermarking messes up the zoom thumbnail whether done in bulk or individually.
    edited May 29, 2006
    OK. I moved these pics to a private gallery set since watermarking my galleries had caused my hover and slideshow pics to be watermarked too.
    After moving them I attempted to remove the watermark on the whole bunch. Forgetting that a few never had watermarks. The 1st in the gallery never had one. But this one

http://brandolinoimaging.smugmug.com/gallery/1506024/1/66807456/Medium

did.

Now I have been waiting hours for the water marks to be gone... It's just not happening...

Maybe I shouldn't have gone crazy watermarking them all. It would have saved you and me this problem.

By the way...watermarking messes up the zoom thumbnail whether done in bulk or individually.

Image processing is behind, today, just catching up from a data center glitch earlier. They should unwatermark fine, if not then you can hit the button again.

As to zoomed thumbs, yes, of course - when you alter the resized images (like watermarking) you'll have to then zoom the thumb again. By design.
    edited May 29, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    As to zoomed thumbs, yes, of course - when you alter the resized images (like watermarking) you'll have to then zoom the thumb again. By design.

If you back up about 4 posts in this thread... I posted the zoom comment seeing as when I started this original thread you did not seem to know the answer to the WM/ Zoom question. Or were you yanking me?
    Thanks... By the way...do YOU feel the WM is needed to stop "theaves" if I remove abilty to see large AND originals?